Page 109 of 114 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1133

Thread: SHAC Construction Updates

Default Re: SHAC Construction Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Question:

Why doesn't the wood floor extend further on the West side of the court. Won't the exposed concrete floor look bad? What am I missing?

Also why doesn't the wood floor extend to cover the cut-out areas on the SE and NE sides of the court by the angled seating area? Again the concrete floor is exposed, right?

Guessing that the wood floors are the 3 practice court areas. The concrete floor may get some sort of covering(probably not this year??) to try to blend it in? Wood floors are spendy so if you're trying to enhance things that are best done while constructing that probably could be a reason. They can airways go back and dress it up later.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Guessing that the wood floors are the 3 practice court areas. The concrete floor may get some sort of covering(probably not this year??) to try to blend it in? Wood floors are spendy so if you're trying to enhance things that are best done while constructing that probably could be a reason. They can airways go back and dress it up later.
    You step a couple feet out of bounds on the west side and you step off the wood. Not good imo. I hope there's some sort of extension to the floor.

I give the cup holders one season.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    What???

I just assumed they weren't done putting down the wood floors yet...........so this is the finished product??? Talk about bush league. 50 mil huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    What???

I just assumed they weren't done putting down the wood floors yet...........so this is the finished product??? Talk about bush league. 50 mil huh?
    Well it doesn't look great when the arena is empty but would we rather have them spend the money on the new scoreboard, replacing the ugly orange seats up top, or on an unnecessary 3rd basketball court that the bleachers will roll over? (when we have a world class practice facility) Don't have unlimited money but I'm sure we can fix it later. Well probably see the scorers table sit there. Hope they can lay something down so it looks better

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Well it doesn't look great when the arena is empty but would we rather have them spend the money on the new scoreboard, replacing the ugly orange seats up top, or on an unnecessary 3rd basketball court that the bleachers will roll over? (when we have a world class practice facility) Don't have unlimited money but I'm sure we can fix it later. Well probably see the scorers table sit there. Hope they can lay something down so it looks better
    They would for sure have to put something down at least along the edge of the court just for safety reasons alone....I've sprained an ankle just stepping on a big crack in a sidewalk before...

coldspot is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Note to FARGODOME staff that read bisonville: do you see how nice green seats look?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    You step a couple feet out of bounds on the west side and you step off the wood. Not good imo. I hope there's some sort of extension to the floor.

I'm guessing there will be something to "cover" the concrete, just not basketball floor quality wood, that stuff is expensive. If I remember right the wood floor is slightly recessed into the concrete too... But I could be wrong there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Only seems like a lot of room now. Once the press tables are tbere with chairs behind them, it wont seem that bad im guessing.
    The seats were not rolled all the way out either. I sat down and could barely get my legs in and the NDSU person said that is not how it will be as it will roll out further

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    The seats were not rolled all the way out either. I sat down and could barely get my legs in
    and the NDSU person said that is not how it will be as it will roll out further
    Why wouldn't they have them rolled all the way our? It's an open house. Wouldn't you want to show how nice and comfortable it is now?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."