Page 108 of 114 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1133

Thread: SHAC Construction Updates

Default Re: SHAC Construction Updates

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Plexiglass railings suck.

Wow that's totally unnecessary and horrible. The jumbo tron looks likes a hologram. So would the game.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Wow great pic...thanks for posting.

With that said, the sideline seating should have been extended on each ends and the entrances should be toward the corners more. This would also take care of the weird corner seating configuration, sorry to be debbie downer here but that's the first thing I noticed when viewing all these pictures posted recently. While on the critique, does anybody else think another row or two of seats could have been added on the court all the way around...there's too much space between the seats and the court.

OK, that's all I've got to say (for now), I understand it was a renovation and this arena is 100X better than what we had. I'm amazed from the pictures so far and any more pics would be well appreciated.

The rail between the top level and lower level seats I believe is staying as there is a somewhat significant drop there. I think they just installed that rail not too long ago and for less "obstructed" view cable railing is about the best you can get. You put glass in it you start to have reflection issues etc. Would think they would have something that doesn't "reflect" though but if Vikings stadium doesn't have it I'm assuming NDSU wouldn't either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post

With that said, the sideline seating should have been extended on each ends and the entrances should be toward the corners more. This would also take care of the weird corner seating configuration, sorry to be debbie downer here but that's the first thing I noticed when viewing all these pictures posted recently. While on the critique, does anybody else think another row of seats could have been added on the court all the way around...there's too much space between the seats and the court.

OK, that's all I've got to say (for now), I understand it was a renovation and this arena is 100X better than what we had. I'm amazed from the pictures so far and any more pics would be well appreciated.
    Only seems like a lot of room now. Once the press tables are tbere with chairs behind them, it wont seem that bad im guessing.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post

With that said, the sideline seating should have been extended on each ends and the entrances should be toward the corners more. This would also take care of the weird corner seating configuration, sorry to be debbie downer here but that's the first thing I noticed when viewing all these pictures posted recently. While on the critique, does anybody else think another row of seats could have been added on the court all the way around...there's too much space between the seats and the court.

Since there are going to be a lot of people exiting at the bottom on these leaving the game... having a little extra space here will be nice. The BSA was a cluster at the end of the game with the basically 2 people wide area to get to the exits.

The entrances are more in the corner. Not really sure why they didn't extend at least the tops more is a mystery to me too? I don't think they could extend the whole seating very much because you have to have "X" feet of space between the bleachers for emergency exiting purposes. Looks like to me at most 8-10'.

Getting excited to pick out my seats, although I'm going to pick up crumbs it appears! #487 on the list. Figure there will be 2700-2900 seats gone by then.

I stopped by the shac. It's way more impressive than the pictures show. It's huge. The stands are very tall. The chairs are beautiful. May be a little tight if your 6-4. There is not a single bad seat in the house. The video board is way bigger than it looks. The seats at the end of the baskets are perfect no matter where you are at. Love the top down seating. It's awesome walking down to your seat with the concourse up top where vendors are. You won't miss a thing waiting in line to grab food as the concourse has great wide open views. Standing room tickets would even be awesome. Love the table top seating on the top. (assuming it will be done soon) Super excited.

If I had never seen the shac before, I would have been impressed[

ATTACH=CONFIG]7329[/ATTACH]IMAG0076.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I stopped by the shac. It's way more impressive than the pictures show. It's huge. The stands are very tall. The chairs are beautiful. May be a little tight if your 6-4. There is not a single bad seat in the house. The video board is way bigger than it looks. The seats at the end of the baskets are perfect no matter where you are at. Love the top down seating. It's awesome walking down to your seat with the concourse up top where vendors are. You won't miss a thing waiting in line to grab food as the concourse has great wide open views. Standing room tickets would even be awesome. Love the table top seating on the top. (assuming it will be done soon) Super excited.

If I had never seen the shac before, I would have been impressed[

ATTACH=CONFIG]7329[/ATTACH]IMAG0076.jpg
    Dude you need to clean your lens off before taking picture!

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Dude you need to clean your lens off before taking picture!
    Sorry didn't notice until it was too late but it gives the jest of it

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Question:

Why doesn't the wood floor extend further on the West side of the court. Won't the exposed concrete floor look bad? What am I missing?

Also why doesn't the wood floor extend to cover the cut-out areas on the SE and NE sides of the court by the angled seating area? Again the concrete floor is exposed, right?