Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Future of West Lot

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Future of West Lot

Seeing the ariel shot of the west lot made me think...do you think that space will remain there for tailgating well into the future? I'm sure the paved lot is safe, but that big grass field might start to look pretty attractive for building down the road. Big space there for another tech building or about the biggest space left on main campus for a new classroom/research building.

Just curious if anyone is worried about losing that space?

Default Re: Future of West Lot

isnt that Fargodome/city property for parking lot expansion?
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by mebisonII View Post
    Seeing the ariel shot of the west lot made me think...do you think that space will remain there for tailgating well into the future? I'm sure the paved lot is safe, but that big grass field might start to look pretty attractive for building down the road. Big space there for another tech building or about the biggest space left on main campus for a new classroom/research building.

Just curious if anyone is worried about losing that space?
    They are already planning on paving it for next year.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Someone wanted to build a restaurant just east of Candlewood, and the Fargodome Authority said no. They didnt want to give up the land.

533 In a row

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ah, it didn't occur to me that that would be City/FD property. Paving it is a good sign, too.

I can see why someone would want to put a restaurant there, though...would probably do great business if it was half-ways decent.

I hope they have plans for a couple more outlets to the west and south.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Someone wanted to build a restaurant just east of Candlewood, and the Fargodome Authority said no. They didnt want to give up the land.
    It's been a while so forgive me, but how much more parking does the FFD need?

If they did put a resturant in there how many spaces would the actually lose? How often would those spaces, which currently don't exist anyway, actually get used?

If it's only 12 days a year, that doesn't seem like a very effective use of that property.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 10-14-2011 at 03:14 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

There is not enough parking for games and concerts IMO, especially when the snow flies.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Paving the lot will help for the future. There isn't enough parking space for events already so I couldn't see anything being built in that area.

If a bigger stadium is built there in the future parking will be even more of an issue also....

I would assume major renovations/new stadium will be either at dacotah field or FD locations... its all the same parking.

If you start building commerical in those spots you will never get it back. Not even in 25-50 years.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21