Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Email about MIP's in tailgate area

Default Re: Email about MIP's in tailgate area

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I agree. I DID see someone get a minor behind the bus at the 2nd game I believe. It was a plain clothed officer, but I didn't see what the other person did to get noticed. I'm extremely young looking and I've never even been carded or harassed.

Also, people only getting MIP's is a pretty good thing, isn't it? That means they weren't even drinking...just holding it.
    Yeah, that was the only time I've ever seen that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Rarely, and I mean RARELY will a citation be issued for MIP, as in just holding a beer or alcohol. In Nodak, thi "MIP" statute encompasses both possession and consumption--"Minor in Possession or Consumption of Alcohol Prohibited". Consequently, that is why you hear "MIP" when, in reality, 99.9% of the citations written are for consumption.
    Interesting, I was unaware of that...or actually I think runtheoption told me that when my friend got one. Minnesota, you will definitely get an MIP.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Yeah, that was the only time I've ever seen that happen.
    And I need to state, said person was NOT associated with us, nor was she in our bus at anytime.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    So you are saying when that young coed walked up to PL last tailgate and asked if he would be her daddy, she was just looking to follow the rules of tailgating.
    Scary thing is I COULD have been her daddy.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

BisonBabe is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In any outdoor event where alcohol is allowed they will be on the lookout for minors. This is not anything new and not just because of tailgating. Trying to look out in a radius around the FargoDome for other violators would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. In no way are the police going to go door to door. Nor are they going to harrass anyone at tailgating. Rather if you look young be prepared to be asked to prove your age. It is pretty simple and should not be an issue in the least. If you are underage and decide to consume alcohol in a public venue and get caught then it is your fault not the fault of the officer that busts you.

Well-behaved women seldom make history. ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Scary thing is I COULD have been her daddy.
    God bless teh Trojan Corporation?
    Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Answer Guy View Post

God bless teh Trojan Corporation?
    Didn't you wear one of their products on your head at last year's stache-out?
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

I've never been carded(been tailgating since I turned 21), I might have seen somebody get carded once now that I think about it but that was a year or two ago.

Honestly if somebody gets an MIP, they probably did something negative to draw attention to themselves.
    Last edited by NDSUstudent; 10-14-2011 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBabe View Post
    In any outdoor event where alcohol is allowed they will be on the lookout for minors. This is not anything new and not just because of tailgating. Trying to look out in a radius around the FargoDome for other violators would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. In no way are the police going to go door to door. Nor are they going to harrass anyone at tailgating. Rather if you look young be prepared to be asked to prove your age. It is pretty simple and should not be an issue in the least. If you are underage and decide to consume alcohol in a public venue and get caught then it is your fault not the fault of the officer that busts you.
    This.

Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    So they hammer on 18 o 21 olds to be sure nobody drinks in the 20 or so acres called the west lot. Meanwhile there are hundreds if not thousands of ADULTS (18 to 21) chosing to enjoy alcohol within a couple mile radius of NDSU and the Fargodome. They are not stopping anything. What a bunch of control freaks.
    I dont know if it's so much them being control freaks as much it is them just doing their job. Plus they are on school/fargo? property at a school event which maybe adds to how they handle it. The students who choose to do it off campus are most likely in houses or apartments, not in clear daylight. If it is a rule you have to be 21 to have an alcoholic beverage in the tailgate lot, then that's the rule. People know the rules before they go there. Just obey the rules and there won't be a problem. Not saying I agree with some of the things the security does, but they have to enforce some rules. My tailgate group hasn't had a problem with the security yet, so I guess I haven't noticed how they act.

chuckles is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I remember right when teh alcohol ban was lifted in the west lots and these 'rules' went into place. Didn't they for a while there try and 'fence off' the lot, especially on the side that runs next to Albrecht? The places you were able to get in you either had to show your ID and get a wristband from security or they made sure if you were under-age you were with mommy or daddy. We certainly have come a long way since then!