Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Email about MIP's in tailgate area

Default Email about MIP's in tailgate area

Dear Students,

As we prepare to cheer on the Bison this weekend, I would like to remind you of the policies and enforcement that are in place to help ensure the safety and wellbeing of our students and our community.

It has been brought to my attention that several students were issued citations for Minor in Possession during the last home football game. As a reminder, the NDSU Football Tailgating Policy clearly states that “Under no circumstances shall persons under 21 years of age have possession of alcoholic beverages in the tailgating areas. Persons under the age of 21 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.” In addition, tailgating is allowed in all FargoDome parking lots, however, consumption of alcohol by those over the age of 21 is only allowed in lots E and F. Alcohol is prohibited in all other lots.

A complete listing of tailgating rules can be found at http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=1264858

Fargo Police officers monitor the parking lots to ensure that all rules are being followed and will issue citations for violations of law. In addition, please know that violations of the Code of Student Behavior http://www.ndsu.edu/fileadmin/studen...tudentCode.pdf that occur during tailgating will be subject to University conduct action..

I encourage you to check out the many activities that are planned by students for students. On Saturday night from 9:30 pm to 1:00 am Campus Attractions is holding an Indoor/Drive-In Movie Extravaganza in the Memorial Union Great Plains Room. Check out the Campus Attractions calendar of events at https://orgsync.com/25774/calendar

NDSU does enforce policy and law on a regular and consistent basis in our efforts to provide a safe and supportive community where learning can take place.

Best of luck throughout the semester!

Sincerely,

((I had no idea you had to be 21 to be in the tailgate lot))
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Default Re: Email about MIP's in tailgate area

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    ((I had no idea you had to be 21 to be in the tailgate lot))
    What?????????

You post on here, there has been all kinds of discussion about tailgating (recall anti-tailgating bill introduced last session) and you didn't know that???!!!

Good thing the message was sent out then, cuz there are probably quite a few who didn't know this!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Just tailgate with your mom and you're good to go.

So you are saying when that young coed walked up to PL last tailgate and asked if he would be her daddy, she was just looking to follow the rules of tailgating.

BisonBabe is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    You post on here, there has been all kinds of discussion about tailgating (recall anti-tailgating bill introduced last session) and you didn't know that???!!!

Good thing the message was sent out then, cuz there are probably quite a few who didn't know this!!
    As with most lists of rules there will be some who fail to read them all. I remember seeing the rule but seeing as I am past 21 by quite a ways did not worry about it.

Well-behaved women seldom make history. ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

So they hammer on 18 o 21 olds to be sure nobody drinks in the 20 or so acres called the west lot. Meanwhile there are hundreds if not thousands of ADULTS (18 to 21) chosing to enjoy alcohol within a couple mile radius of NDSU and the Fargodome. They are not stopping anything. What a bunch of control freaks.

The rule is NEVER enforced. If it was, you'd see kids constantly getting harassed. If a person looks underage and is drinking, they might check. I've only ever seen the security handing out a violation once in the dozens of tailgates I've been to at the West Lot. It's just something the control freaks in the city demanded when alcohol was introduced. Just because it's written doesn't mean it will be enforced

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    The rule is NEVER enforced. If it was, you'd see kids constantly getting harassed. If a person looks underage and is drinking, they might check. I've only ever seen the security handing out a violation once in the dozens of tailgates I've been to at the West Lot. It's just something the control freaks in the city demanded when alcohol was introduced. Just because it's written doesn't mean it will be enforced
    I agree. I DID see someone get a minor behind the bus at the 2nd game I believe. It was a plain clothed officer, but I didn't see what the other person did to get noticed. I'm extremely young looking and I've never even been carded or harassed.

Also, people only getting MIP's is a pretty good thing, isn't it? That means they weren't even drinking...just holding it.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I agree. I DID see someone get a minor behind the bus at the 2nd game I believe. It was a plain clothed officer, but I didn't see what the other person did to get noticed. I'm extremely young looking and I've never even been carded or harassed.

Also, people only getting MIP's is a pretty good thing, isn't it? That means they weren't even drinking...just holding it.
    Rarely, and I mean RARELY will a citation be issued for MIP, as in just holding a beer or alcohol. In Nodak, thi "MIP" statute encompasses both possession and consumption--"Minor in Possession or Consumption of Alcohol Prohibited". Consequently, that is why you hear "MIP" when, in reality, 99.9% of the citations written are for consumption.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.