Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Run Game

Default Re: Run Game

The short passes are like running plays. They wanna stack the run...we'll do it all day. DJ hasn't had the holes to run through...yet.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Good point on the teams stacking up against the run. Exactly what I can't see from box scores and stats. Like others have said, teams are going to start to realize that's not a good idea. I'll take the yards however they come!

I noticed in a picture in the Forum yesterday that Trevor Gebhart is now playing for the Sioux

Quote Originally Posted by Siouxfallsbison View Post
    I noticed in a picture in the Forum yesterday that Trevor Gebhart is now playing for the Sioux
    This must have been equally surprising and disappointing for you
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    The short passes are like running plays. They wanna stack the run...we'll do it all day. DJ hasn't had the holes to run through...yet.
    DJ broke out the Dance Mania moves yesterday. They look pretty, but are worthless when you get jammed for a 3 yard loss, instead of a 1-2 yard gain.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Teams are stacking the box and selling out on the run, IMO we could have passed for a lot more yards if we were more aggressive the past few games.

Totally agree. Also we don't fumble on the opening drive and commit penalty's every other play we score a LOT more then we did.

Once we had the 20-3 lead we went to the four corners offense...Which is OK With our defense, no point in giving them anything easy.

What is just a little concerning for me is this. I figure that our O-Line is much more seasoned than last year. So, with that being the case no matter what defense we face we should be able to run the ball at will against our opponent. For our ground game to stuggle tells me that our O-Line is not dominating the way they should. I also hope that DJ's problems on Saturday were not because he is hurt. If our O-Line can do better run blocking against SIU we could end up winning the game rather easily because if our running game is going there would be no way to stop the passing game as well.

Couple thoughts after watching the game Saturday, and rewatching the Gopher game again:

1. Brock's timing has been nothing short of remarkable. He is throwing the ball before receivers break and is almost 100% on the money with the throw. I've only seen him misfire a few times all season.
    2. During the Gopher game, there were two times due to a last minute heroic defensive act, that Brock did not connect on some killer screens. DJ would still be running. I think that will teams stacking/blitzing NDSU, that play is going to be even more dangerous as time goes on. Remember, what do you do to a QB playing as well as Brock? You blitz him and hope for the best; I am betting we will see way more of that as time goes on.
    3. I agree points were left on the field on Saturday. My feeling is I am not yet worried about the run game, as I just think Vigen knows he has more than one option at this point. If teams keep stacking, Brock will keep killing them. My goodness, I have not been so excited about QB play since, dare I say, a certainly guy named Walker played? Only thing we have not yet seen out of Brock is that drive at the end of the game to win. (You could argue he did that in Eastern Washington except for one of the worst offical calls ever.....that was a first down if no fumble ruled.....)

So, I remain pretty positive. I think they did have a let down on Saturday, and they still won!

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Totally agree. Also we don't fumble on the opening drive and commit penalty's every other play we score a LOT more then we did.

Once we had the 20-3 lead we went to the four corners offense...Which is OK With our defense, no point in giving them anything easy.
    ......Which we promptly did.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Turning point of the game was Williams INT! If they score there, they take the lead! I love how are defense has been making game changing plays, but I would feel more comfortable if our offense had put together some long 2nd half drives!