Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ISU: Post Game Thoughts

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: ISU: Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    IOW--relax. We arent going to play perfect football every weekend. We are going to work on our concentration and discipline this week as we get ready for SIU.
    We are 4-0. I will take it.
    I agree with 56. We beat a pretty good conference opponent despite not playing our best. That wouldn't have happened the last few years. There are plenty of reasons to be optimistic.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

1) we won by 2 scores in the first conference game. Nuff said.
    2) ISU has solid run defense and ran a 34, that we always struggle against and stacked the line. We made plays in the passing game.
    3) O+line was great at pass protection. Turner has a few bad plays but overall solid.
    4) Defense rocked. 10 points is the lowest output all year by ISU team since week 1 2009 if you don't count the game against Northwestern. When is the last conference game they scored 10 points or less? You have to go back to a 2008 game vs SIU and NDSU! Then you have to go back to a 2003 game with UNI!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Brock is looking rock steady.
    It's been awhile since this much QB stability has kept that position immune from the Napalmianlike threads.

Yeah.........it's a word...........look it up!!!
    I don't think that's a word.

NWNDBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Redbirds Coach Brock Spack has post-game thoughts: "We can't keep shooting ourselves in the foot."

WJBC, Voice of the Redbirds has a 3 min. postgame interview with Redbirds coach Brock Spack, who must have said at least 5 times the Redbirds can't keep shooting themselves in the foot.

Also a nice 2-min. audio highlights of the game. No whining, no complaining, tells it like it is. Nice job. Very professional.

http://wjbc.com/interceptions-sink-r...loss-to-bison/

The story is standard AP stuff. Scroll to the bottom of the article to get audio clip links.

I agree pl Bison defense+++++
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

GradBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This officiating crew sucks, I don't like MVC officials, and I have an almost illogical dislike for this particular ref I had a feeling of dread when I saw him. I hope we don't see him again this season.

Nice to be "frustrated" after a conference win. Like everyone else said, I'll take it. On to SIU.

How hard-nosed the league is...and balanced. A good day for the players to be reminded of how aggressive and smart they're going to have to be.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

There were some starters out due to injuries. I believe the mistakes made today can be fixed. Brocks two personal fouls should not happen. Warren's fumble could have been prevented by better ball protection. Overall the Bison looked good in many many areas. It's nice to see Brock's completion rate increase.

I think the total yardage is a little is leading. First off both teams rushed for the same amount of yardage in the game and ISU's main back did not even gain 100 yards. We did give up 270 yards passing, but then again ISU's Qb threw the ball 48 times and completed 31 passes. Normally when a qb throws that much and has that many completions the qb would throw for over 300 yards. Our O-Line needs to do a better job run blocking, they are experienced enough to be consistent even in MVFC play. Just my $.01 worth...

Today's game is a great example of the difference between Valley football and some of those other fluffier leagues.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.