Page 2 of 161 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Sagarin says

Default Re: Sagarin says

Pike and Ollman are both very competant safeties! We wil be fine with these two playing.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Pike and Ollman are both very competant safeties! We wil be fine with these two playing.
    This. Pike had a very quiet 7 tackles against Minnesota and did just what a safety is supposed to do - stop the big play. Ollman will be a little bit of a liability with his lack of game experience but he's turned some heads in practice and is a ball-hawk, so we should be OK. The corners are feeling pretty good about their matchups, I joked with Dudzik today about him being a ball and chain on their boy Tyrone. I wouldn't fret over it, though obviously it'll be sweet when our secondary isn't injured.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

As I said in the injury thread, Pike played very well in Eaves absence. Ollman however, I'm not sold on. He fell over on the last Gopher touchdown and the TE was wide open. Hopefully with a week of practice with the 1st team and a different scheme in place, that he'll he just fine. injuries are part of the game and players need to step up.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My boss is an Oregon State Beaver alumnae. It is great to see NDSU ahead of them. I have turned him into an NDSU FCS fan. He watched the whole NDSU/Minn game.

Quote Originally Posted by 8>1 View Post
    As I said in the injury thread, Pike played very well in Eaves absence. Ollman however, I'm not sold on. He fell over on the last Gopher touchdown and the TE was wide open. Hopefully with a week of practice with the 1st team and a different scheme in place, that he'll he just fine. injuries are part of the game and players need to step up.
    I'd like a comment or two from anybody who knows the Tampa 2. On the TD pass in the MN game it appears Ollman got beat but I have a sneaky feeling there was some LB liability on that play as well. Not necessarily on the guy who caught it and scored but maybe another player in the general area. It seemed to me Bobby had to pick or choose who to cover and the 1/2 second of indecision put him out of the play. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, who would be the backups for Pike and Ollman? I'm assuming AJ is the 3rd SS? Or how about Littlejohn?
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I'd like a comment or two from anybody who knows the Tampa 2. On the TD pass in the MN game it appears Ollman got beat but I have a sneaky feeling there was some LB liability on that play as well. Not necessarily on the guy who caught it and scored but maybe another player in the general area. It seemed to me Bobby had to pick or choose who to cover and the 1/2 second of indecision put him out of the play. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, who would be the backups for Pike and Ollman? I'm assuming AJ is the 3rd SS? Or how about Littlejohn?
    Regardless of the liability, on the replays you can see him getting up from "falling" down and there's no one else around at all.

NDSU 65.46 Southern Illinois 54.68 plus 3 for being at home so NDSU by 7.78
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    NDSU 65.46 Southern Illinois 54.68 plus 3 for being at home so NDSU by 7.78
    Looks reasonable to me. I don't think this will be a blowout......but it would be fun to be proven wrong.....

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    Looks reasonable to me. I don't think this will be a blowout......but it would be fun to be proven wrong.....
    go check out the score predictions on SIU's site. Jesus, I thought we could be pessimistic, they must think we are the Anti-Christ or something bent on world domination, lots of blowout predictions over there in favor of the herd.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    go check out the score predictions on SIU's site. Jesus, I thought we could be pessimistic, they must think we are the Anti-Christ or something bent on world domination, lots of blowout predictions over there in favor of the herd.
    521-3 bison
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21