Page 124 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1606

Thread: Sagarin says

Default Re: Sagarin says

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering Herd View Post
    Um....goliath lost dude.

To be fair Goliath did win several times and years before he lost...

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    To be fair Goliath did win several times and years before he lost...
    Yeah, he had quite an undefeated streak, didn't he? All streaks have to end sometime, I suppose.

Um....goliath lost dude.
    Only once though, only once. And David cheated by using a weapon

Based on Sagarin's RATING numbers (3.47 home field) and a 2.61 pt kicker for coming off a bye week, here's the outlook for the remainder of the regular season:

Western Illinois 96.7% (+0.2% from last week)
    Southern Illinois 90.3% (-0.7%)
    Indiana State 96.3% (-1.0%)
    South Dakota 90.2% (-0.4%)
    South Dakota State 76.4% (-2.9%)
    Northern Iowa 65.1% (-1.4%)
    Missouri State 77.9% (+0.4%)
    Youngstown State 91.5% (-1.1%)

12-0 26.9% (-2.4% from last week)
    11-1 40.6% (-0.5%)
    10-2 24.0% (+1.6%)
    9-3 7.2% (+1.0%)
    8-4 1.2% (+0.2%)
    7-5 0.1% (=0.0%)
    6-6 0.006%
    5-7 0.0002%
    4-8 0.000002%

Assumes a normal distribution of outcomes w/ Sagarin's projected spread as the mean and a standard deviation of 13.86. In round numbers this means that if the spread is 14 the model predicts that roughly 2/3 of the outcomes will be between a tie and a 28 point victory. Half of the remaining outcomes or about 1/6 of all the outcomes would be a victory by more than 28 and there would be roughly a 1 in 6 chance that the team favored by 14 would lose.[/QUOTE]
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Only once though, only once. And David cheated by using a weapon
    That story is told once in the bible (right?), so yes, goliath loses only one time. We are modern day Davids that travel around and tell similar versions of that story over and over. Each goliath we play may have never lost to a david, or shouldn't either in theory, until we show up. David used a weapon, but thats ok. We do too, several in fact. One: our coaches. Second weapon: players guts, intelligence and heart. Lastly, and maybe the most important: his name is Mr. Kramer!!!

That story is told once in the bible (right?), so yes, goliath loses only one time. We are modern day Davids that travel around and tell similar versions of that story over and over. Each goliath we play may have never lost to a david, or shouldn't either in theory, until we show up. David used a weapon, but thats ok. We do too, several in fact. One: our coaches. Second weapon: players guts, intelligence and heart. Lastly, and maybe the most important: his name is Mr. Kramer!!!
    I wonder if we finish them off with their own weapon like David did? We use their coaches against them? Or in SDSU's case we force them to use Zenner?

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Bison more than 21 pt favorites over WIU
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Bison more than 21 pt favorites over WIU
    Actually 22.34 point favorites. It's right there in my first table. It's the prediction column and it has the current home field advantage built in.

+22.34 vs. WIU
    +17.63 vs. SIU
    +24.28 vs. ISUb
    +17.56 vs. USD
    +9.72 vs. SDSU
    +5.23 vs. UNI
    +10.37 vs. MSU
    +18.60 vs. YSU

Just thought it was worth reiterating. 3 TDs+ is pretty steep
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Um....goliath lost dude.
    That story is just one episode (granted its probably the central one) in the larger struggle between Saul and David for who was going to be the head of state. Saul eventually fell on his own sword after suffering a terrible military defeat and David ascended to the throne. Thankfully, NDSU football's last leadership transition wasn't quite so dramatic.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie