Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dexter Werner Interview

Default Re: Dexter Werner Interview

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    Like Burgundy mentioned, he does a sizable wingspan for his height. This helps him rebound extremely well.

It's good to here his committment to the program. We need guys like that if the program wants to succeed. He might not start anytime soon, but there will be needs for someone to come in, rebound, and play defense.
    He might not ever start, but if he is willing to do his part on the team, like I assume he is, then I am excited to have him.

The great thing about getting kids from North Dakota is that you know they are probably really excited to represent their home state.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    He might not ever start, but if he is willing to do his part on the team, like I assume he is, then I am excited to have him.

The great thing about getting kids from North Dakota is that you know they are probably really excited to represent their home state
    Exactly, and from everything I've heard, he really wanted to come here before he got an offer. He might not light up the stat book in his career, but great teams need team players.

Who knows, maybe he will prove us wrong and be a starter later on and be a key contributor.

People are talking like we just picked up a solid backup, won't put up stats....etc. This kid is a great get. He had 4 legit D1 offers. His 6'11 wingspan opened a ton of eyes at the AAU level. Coaches raved about his rebounding and size. He isn't a kid that has to come in and add 40 pounds to play at this level. He is a kid with a motor that wanted to be a Bison the entire time. I am excited about him, plus he is already prepping to redshirt....we have done well with program kids. 5 years and he will have had a great career.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    People are talking like we just picked up a solid backup, won't put up stats....etc. This kid is a great get. He had 4 legit D1 offers. His 6'11 wingspan opened a ton of eyes at the AAU level. Coaches raved about his rebounding and size. He isn't a kid that has to come in and add 40 pounds to play at this level. He is a kid with a motor that wanted to be a Bison the entire time. I am excited about him, plus he is already prepping to redshirt....we have done well with program kids. 5 years and he will have had a great career.
    Exactly, I'm not saying he is a bad player. He is what you need for a successful program, someone who can rebound and play defense. He's not a bad offensive player in high school either, but it might take some getting used to getting a shot off consistently against a guy that 3-4" taller than he is, in college.

Kids are recruited on the AAU curcuit. He had times where he dominated bigtime competition. The Las Vegas Invite was really important for him and showed our staff that he can flat out play. I like getting a big every year. Kading will redshirt this year, and has a knee bruise right now, adding this kid the following year will be great.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

More on Werner. Could probably be a major contributor at FCS level football.

http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/we...cc4c03286.html
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Solid analysis. Dex blew up last night. What a great story. Hard work pays off!

Solid analysis. Dex blew up last night. What a great story. Hard work pays off!
    Got to be a huge confidence boost being able to know you just backed down 7'1 and 6'11 guys and took it too them.
    "We All From Africa"

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFan_Sav View Post
    Got to be a huge confidence boost being able to know you just backed down 7'1 and 6'11 guys and took it too them.

Isn't the one projected as a first round pick and another third? Dex dribbled into and shot at will on these guys. No smaller guys have been able to do that to them all year.
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Quote Originally Posted by BYZEN View Post
    Isn't the one projected as a first round pick and another third? Dex dribbled into and shot at will on these guys. No smaller guys have been able to do that to them all year.
    Well there is only 2 rounds in the NBA draft. Sabonis will be a great player for Gonzaga, he's only a freshmen too.
    "We All From Africa"