Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bison radio coverage

Default Re: Bison radio coverage

Quote Originally Posted by KTF View Post
    Is there enough information to fill a 2 hour 5 day a week radio slot about NDSU atheltics?
    Not even close. I probably piece toghether an hour worth of solid information.

However, rambling can fill 10 hours a week no problem... I am not interested in more rambling, BV gets me by....
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

It would help if KFGO (Bison station) didn't have the voice of the Sioux as the host of the noon to 2 show. That show I thought would have so much promise has become unlistenable....is that a word? It is so small town. They cover about 10 minutes of Bison on Monday's after the game, but then cut to the Vikings press conference, not the Bison press conference.

Dom Izzo does a great 30 minutes on Monday nights at 6:30 and has Kolpack on. Then the rest of the week he has on MSU, UND and Concordia before his football Friday (all high school). So WDAY has a good 30 minute deal.

KVLY....don't get me started. They went to Carbondale and didn't even do anything live. Hammer is all UND, he leads with them all the time. Nothing we can do or say about that, you aren't going to change him, he is a UND backer and will do that more often than not.

If I were Gene Taylor, I would have it all drawn up in a contract. The voice of UND football won't be the host of the radio show. KVLY has to do XYZ in order to continue to have the TV rights. I would go HARD at Midcontinent as that is the future. Until you have that channel/programming, you won't understand how good of coverage they give to mid major sports (and HS sports).

Finally, I think Kolpack is as good as it gets. He is non stop on the Bison. I just wish that the GF Herald would pick up his pieces like the Fargo Forum picks up UND coverage. It is a one way street. I wish Schnemf would cover more NDSU stuff, and not just "stories" here and there without an opinion. He does alot of UND nickname stuff, but nothing really about FOOTBALL. Dig in deep. Kolpack, Izzo and Terry Vandrovec really cover it well. They do a great job. I am thankful that we do have people like that for the diehards. WDAY should have kept Kolpack and Izzo on the radio on Saturday mornings.....you can't tell me their other shows have a following at 9AM.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Kolpack and Izzo have picked it up tremendously. They have brought themselves up to Vandrovecs level. Regular blog, video Blog, articles and not just fluff articles, articles that are asking good questions. Midcon is just getting started but that is a bandwagon that NDSU needs to be getting on. They have big things planned for that sports network in the upper midwest. Fargo may not have it yet but NDSU should not let that be a excuse to not be getting on that train. Kolpack and Izzo are getting video blogs up to 7 minutes, heck ad in info on other sports not just football and they are going to get extra time and they will be at enough info for a 1/2 hour TV show that they get ad money off of.

How bout a Bison Sports update? I have to listen to a crap sports update from the butthockeys up north all the time. Is it that hard. Granted sports radio in Bismarck crashed harder than the stock market after Jack went back to Fargo, but Rick does his short Bohl interview, does a longer Muss interview, and has an hour i believe with RT and other Mary folks. However the butthockeys get there little crap sports minute that talks about all their sports I believe its daily. All you gotta do is come up with a 2-3 minute spiel to send out to all the sports media outlets weekly about all the inseason sports, not just football. Because honestly, I haven't seen an NDSU volleyball or soccer highlight all year. Seen the butthockey vb team.

In order to get "more" coverage, I think we should start limiting access to those POS media types who don't otherwise show much interest.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    In order to get "more" coverage, I think we should start limiting access to those POS media types who don't otherwise show much interest.
    Most of the media that the butthockeys do, is done in house and sent out. NDSU thinks that everyone lives on gobison and really thats all the media coverage you get.

MN_BISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'd like to see Kolpack and Izzo host a web chat once a week during the school year like TV does and even the clowns at the Herald. (Brad S. does not fall into the clown catagory, so two clowns & Brad). But rather than do it in the middle of the afternoon when most of us are working, how about something in the evening?

BigBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Don't any of you guys Listen to Frontrow Sports Talk with Scotty Miller weeknights at 6pm on KFGO? Its pretty much all bison stuff this time of year, usually has coaches on the show or players.

Jack Michael's usually talks a hour or so on bison football almost every day, more than the Sioux and he's the Sioux play by play guy.

And maybe once or twice a week Hetikamp and Mcfooly talk some bison

I know someone mentioned live chats, which I just got the ability to host on the Bison Sports Blog (details here: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...s-Blog-updates). I know I'm no Kolpack or Izzo, but I'm trying to do a lot of what's being mentioned on here and would dig some feedback. Let me know what you want to see/hear. I have the "benefit" of doing this all without a budget so don't have any professional obligations or contracts to fulfill (hopefully that changes someday but for now, hey). Let me know what y'all are looking for and I'd be happy to do what I can to get some meaningful content out there. Looking at having two guys from Oakland's radio station do a live chat previewing the Summit League as early as next week, for example.

Also, Bison Sports Live (or an analog thereof) may be making its way back onto KNDS, if that means anything.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Question Re: Bison radio coverage

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    I know someone mentioned live chats, which I just got the ability to host on the Bison Sports Blog (details here: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...s-Blog-updates). I know I'm no Kolpack or Izzo, but I'm trying to do a lot of what's being mentioned on here and would dig some feedback. Let me know what you want to see/hear. I have the "benefit" of doing this all without a budget so don't have any professional obligations or contracts to fulfill (hopefully that changes someday but for now, hey). Let me know what y'all are looking for and I'd be happy to do what I can to get some meaningful content out there. Looking at having two guys from Oakland's radio station do a live chat previewing the Summit League as early as next week, for example.Also, Bison Sports Live (or an analog thereof) may be making its way back onto KNDS, if that means anything.
    What are you doing to identify and train your replacement? (I am assuming you plan to graduate and move on)
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin