Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bison radio coverage

Question Bison radio coverage

I have been thinking about this for years, and especially during the season it really bothers me. Why is there so little coverage of the Bison on the radio? I turn on my radio any given time and flip channels and there just isn't squat to listen to. NOTHING! I have herd some on KNDS, but very little (or I don't know when to tune in). I just feel that we need a daily (yeah, I said daily) Bison radio show covering athletics, football in particular. Don't you crave to listen to some Bison news/rumors/feedback except for right after a game and like 5 minutes on a Tuesday night? All I know is I want that and I bet I'm not alone. It's almost like NDSU's popularity outgrew the area's ability to process it into something they can take advantage of.

That's all. Carry on.

Default Re: Bison radio coverage

Quote Originally Posted by Ajaxnine View Post
    I have been thinking about this for years, and especially during the season it really bothers me. Why is there so little coverage of the Bison on the radio? I turn on my radio any given time and flip channels and there just isn't squat to listen to. NOTHING! I have herd some on KNDS, but very little (or I don't know when to tune in). I just feel that we need a daily (yeah, I said daily) Bison radio show covering athletics, football in particular. Don't you crave to listen to some Bison news/rumors/feedback except for right after a game and like 5 minutes on a Tuesday night? All I know is I want that and I bet I'm not alone. It's almost like NDSU's popularity outgrew the area's ability to process it into something they can take advantage of.

That's all. Carry on.
    Yes, but I think most of the metro does not want something like that.

A great bandwagon year would be a good time to get something like this started though.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

You are probably right about most of the metro not wanting that, but I bet most of the metro doesn't or didn't want Ed Schultz on either. Not to mention about 50% of the programming on 790. I'm sure the Bison are way more popular than he is. Anyway, I just think it would be awesome to hear interview with players, coaches, trainers, parents of players, stories of players when they were in HS, news/info about schools we are going to play, the list goes on and on.

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You are probably right about most of the metro not wanting that, but I bet most of the metro doesn't or didn't want Ed Schultz on either. Not to mention about 50% of the programming on 790. I'm sure the Bison are way more popular than he is. Anyway, I just think it would be awesome to hear interview with players, coaches, trainers, parents of players, stories of players when they were in HS, news/info about schools we are going to play, the list goes on and on.
    I completely agree. I'd love to be able to stream a Bison talk show or something aside from the 5 mintues of post game and the Bohl show. Thank God for Bisonville!!!!
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

That's all. Carry on.
    There is actually quite a bit of stuff out there but its spread out over 740 the Fan, KFGO, TV, and talk radio. Having a central spot to post everything would be cool. Or maybe put a schedule on the Bison android app??

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

i dont think the following is quite there and the program is big enough to be doing a bison show 5 days a week talking nothing but bison sports in fargo moorhead.

I will spearhead an email to KFGO about a 2 hour Bison show weekdays from 4:30-6:30. Who wants to be my co-host? I need someone who will make me look(sound) good, so someone more idiotic than I am (if possible).

Yes it would be great to have a show on the air, and from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. would be a great slot

So KFGO just had a interview with Bohl that was done well but Heitkamp kept saying that he reserves the right to talk about Northern Iowa next week because he knows that we play Missouri this week and he won't get Bohl to look ahead.

HELLLLLLOOOOOO we play the Bunnies next week not UNI

Interesting Bohl said they didn't practice going against a 3-4 in Fall camp as they thought they would have time during the season and that the recall from the players would be there but it wasn't and they hit it hard this week.

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is there enough information to fill a 2 hour 5 day a week radio slot about NDSU atheltics?