Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My humble opinion

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default My humble opinion

Obviously all of you are pretty happy about the game. So am I. I flew in from Oregon and had a hell of a 2 days with old friends, making some new ones along the way. I stayed pretty close to the 7 corners area for most of my time other than the time at the tailgate by the stadium, the game itself, BWW after the game (what's up with all of the stupid MMA on 95% of the screens on a football Saturday, by the way???) and then back to 7 corners. Helluva weekend.

So, I didn't really see the dominance that many of you seem to have watched. I saw a Bison team that played pretty darn flawlessly. The lights turned on with our QB situation. I also saw that we had quite a bit of help in crucial situation via Gopher penalties. We won the turnover battle and took the most opportunity of it. We were not very good at stopping the run. We certainly had Mother Fortune on our sides a few times and the game was still not sealed up until that last pick 6. From my seats, the Gophers had all of the mo at that point. I certainly had that feeling of something bad about to happen.

Personally, I don't think that Minnesota is that bad of a team. They are certainly bottom half of the conference but if they can get the QB thing figured out, I think they will win a few games.

Were we the better team on Saturday? Most definitely, and we'd probably win 6/7 out of 10 games with them this year if given the chance. Was it a blowout? Certainly not by my book. I feel sorry for Gopher fans. They seem to be melting down right now.
    Insert something clever here...

Default Re: My humble opinion

Ditto......

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Obviously all of you are pretty happy about the game. So am I. I flew in from Oregon and had a hell of a 2 days with old friends, making some new ones along the way. I stayed pretty close to the 7 corners area for most of my time other than the time at the tailgate by the stadium, the game itself, BWW after the game (what's up with all of the stupid MMA on 95% of the screens on a football Saturday, by the way???) and then back to 7 corners. Helluva weekend.

So, I didn't really see the dominance that many of you seem to have watched. I saw a Bison team that played pretty darn flawlessly. The lights turned on with our QB situation. I also saw that we had quite a bit of help in crucial situation via Gopher penalties. We won the turnover battle and took the most opportunity of it. We were not very good at stopping the run. We certainly had Mother Fortune on our sides a few times and the game was still not sealed up until that last pick 6. From my seats, the Gophers had all of the mo at that point. I certainly had that feeling of something bad about to happen.

Personally, I don't think that Minnesota is that bad of a team. They are certainly bottom half of the conference but if they can get the QB thing figured out, I think they will win a few games.

Were we the better team on Saturday? Most definitely, and we'd probably win 6/7 out of 10 games with them this year if given the chance. Was it a blowout? Certainly not by my book. I feel sorry for Gopher fans. They seem to be melting down right now.
    Gopher fans have been melting down since 1941 or w/e
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post

Sorry...I would have posted earlier but I had to hit the back button to see if I was actually on the "bison football history" website. This dude is the most living in the moment bison football fan I have ever seen on this site! It's obviously because he has left the frozen tundra and experienced other parts of the country.

I commend you oregon dude!

I made it through the first half of the game recording last night, I think Orygun's thoughts are spot on. This Gopher miscues were huge and key to the Bison victory. I actually think, that overall, they probably have more talent playing for them than NDSU.

I have been very, very irritated with the Twin City's media coverage of the Gopher loss. Chip Scoggins called it a new low point in Gopher history? Really? Losing to a top 10 FCS school with a storied tradition and money is worse than losing to USD? Sorry, Chip, but you clearly lost me on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I made it through the first half of the game recording last night, I think Orygun's thoughts are spot on. This Gopher miscues were huge and key to the Bison victory. I actually think, that overall, they probably have more talent playing for them than NDSU.

I have been very, very irritated with the Twin City's media coverage of the Gopher loss. Chip Scoggins called it a new low point in Gopher history? Really? Losing to a top 10 FCS school with a storied tradition and money is worse than losing to USD? Sorry, Chip, but you clearly lost me on that one.
    Gopher miscues were key to the Bison victory? Seriously? Wow. Really? Yeah, the Gophers made some mistakes but the Bison earned that victory and they did took it...they were not given it. I would not call the two interceptions "miscues". The Gophers made penalties that extended our drives...we did the same. We also had a miscue that allowed a guy to be wide open on a 4th & 7. Of course they have more talent...we come to the table after them.

We came in and beat them...leaving no question as to who was the better team.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

WTF? Two not "total" bison koolaid drinkers in one day? This brings up a whole new debate topic: "Is there sanity coming to this site or am I going insane?"

Quote Originally Posted by lakespanther View Post
    WTF? Two not "total" bison koolaid drinkers in one day? This brings up a whole new debate topic: "Is there sanity coming to this site or am I going insane?"
    Any credibility that you'd like to think you deserve is lost by the picture you've used for your avatar. Why would anyone questioning us and/or wanting to debate use a picture that depicts a play that ended our season last year?

Should I find a picture of your team losing, put that as my avatar, login to your "bisonville" equivalent and then make fun of a couple guys being honest?

What are you trying to prove?

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Gopher miscues were key to the Bison victory? Seriously? Wow. Really? Yeah, the Gophers made some mistakes but the Bison earned that victory and they did took it...they were not given it. I would not call the two interceptions "miscues". The Gophers made penalties that extended our drives...we did the same. We also had a miscue that allowed a guy to be wide open on a 4th & 7. Of course they have more talent...we come to the table after them.

We came in and beat them...leaving no question as to who was the better team.
    My comments have nothing to do with the huge interceptions and everything to do with the penalties. The ripping the helmet off penalty and offside directly led to an NDSU touchdown.

My comments have nothing to do with the huge interceptions and everything to do with the penalties. The ripping the helmet off penalty and offside directly led to an NDSU touchdown.
    Led to a touchdown, yes...but you originally said key to the victory. Big difference...at least imo.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]