Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit Lakes QB gives his verbal to...........

JustinTyem is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Detroit Lakes QB gives his verbal to...........

The biggest win for the University of North Dakota football team this weekend might not have been the 53-19 victory over Black Hills State in the Potato Bowl. http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/335220/

Default Re: Detroit Lakes QB gives his verbal to...........

"...didn't play a role."

Jensen...Thornton...Wentz

yep

Even though we recruited him...the staff had to know that this was going to be a tough one to get because of our current QBs. I'm a little surprised that more programs in the FBS & FCS haven't offered him.
    Last edited by CaBisonFan; 09-26-2011 at 11:02 AM.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Big deal, Wentz is going to be a stud.

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    I'm a little surprised that more programs in the FBS & FCS haven't offered him.
    Why? Have you seen him play? He had like 6TDs and 7 INTs last year. That doesn't exactly scream full ride for FBS coaches. The kid made the right choice.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinTyem View Post
    The biggest win for the University of North Dakota football team this weekend might not have been the 53-19 victory over Black Hills State in the Potato Bowl. http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/335220/
    I love how he said, "UND is nowhere near NDSU right now."

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    "...didn't play a role."

Jensen...Thornton...Wentz

yep

Even though we recruited him...the staff had to know that this was going to be a tough one to get because of our current QBs. I'm a little surprised that more programs in the FBS & FCS haven't offered him.
    Don't forget Stanford. He was more dominant in Arizona at a higher level. Honestly I think this should be the only year we don't get a qb. 2 fr, a redshirt, and a sophomore. We could use that scholarship in a lineman or skilled player

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Mollberg is a great player or NDSU wouldn't have offered him. Grapes are sour this morning, maybe?

This kid is perfect for UND.

UND’s 27-22 loss to Fresno State two weeks ago made an impact.

“I watched the whole game,” Mollberg said. “It showed me how competitive UND is right now. I like the direction they’re headed. They’ll go special places....

What kind of kid is impressed by moral victories?

They’re not at the same level as NDSU right now, but a few more of the right guys and UND can do some good things.”

Like hold a quilting bee for disadvantaged children?
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

I have said this to many people for a long time, he was not going to be a Bison. We have 4 quarterbacks on full rides currently. Our staff was not going to go to full 5. UND is ALL IN. Full ride vs partial on a kid who would be 5th on the depth chart? OR....he can go to UND (no discredit), but he is a redshirt next year and is their starter after that. They don't have anyone. This isn't basketball....the backup QB doesn't play (unless you are Jerry Kill and share during a possession). His injury was a huge concern for both NDSU and SDSU. UND was all in from the get go and wanted him regardless. He did play last week, so he must be healthy now.

Wentz gets alot of credit as a redshirt and is clearly the 3rd stringer (he travels), but Stanford put up crazy #'s at the highest level in Arizona with FBS talent all around. He didn't play Hawley or the rest of the Heart O Lakes conference. Nothing wrong with that, just saying that we have a 4th stringer who was a great sign in the last class. I personally hope we don't sign a QB this class and have said that all along (BisonNeil....we are gonna disagree....and that is ok.) I want more O line and depth. We are a really talented team right now and are redshirting all but one kid from last class. That says alot of how good we actually are. We have a great group of senior leaders and play a ton of youth. Just watching the replay of the Gopher game and amazing how many kids play in this game. Young kids everywhere....with redshirts waiting in the wings. Congrats to Mussman on getting him. I think his pazazzz on the coaches show must have iced this kid....Muss is electric!!!!
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Mollberg is a great player or NDSU wouldn't have offered him. Grapes are sour this morning, maybe?
    I simply stated that he isn't FBS level.