Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My meaningless thoughts after a day of drinking

Default Re: My meaningless thoughts after a day of drinking

Hahaha, what a douche. Go back to gopherhole before I give you more red chicklets.

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I also feel the NDSU fans need to respect the fans of the stadium you are sitting in. You cheer for your team, you cheer your guts out, but show some respect to the other team. While I saw that happening most of the time, I was ashamed at a few things I saw. Put yourself in the shoes of a bison fan sitting in Fargo losing to Duluth, or something like that. There is such a thing as being a good and respectful winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    I also feel the NDSU fans need to respect the fans of the stadium you are sitting in. You cheer for your team, you cheer your guts out, but show some respect to the other team. While I saw that happening most of the time, I was ashamed at a few things I saw. Put yourself in the shoes of a bison fan sitting in Fargo losing to Duluth, or something like that. There is such a thing as being a good and respectful winner.
    True this^^^^^^^^

in 2007 I had a great time with the gopher fans, threw a couple friendly jabs but never, never degraded them
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    This is a typical Gopher fan reaction to any loss or losing season. I call it 'Sid' logic. In the world of Sid...we would beat USC by 11 points...lol

I taught in Hutchinson, MN for several years and was a legitimate Gophers fan. I'll date myself by saying that I went to games when Kevin McHale, Corky Taylor, Michael Thompson, Ray Williams, and other greats were huge stars in the barn. I loved it. And I used to cheer my guts out for the football team too.

When the TOTAL disrespect from Gopherville came our way in 2006 (about the state and its people)...I lost all respect for the fan base at MN. Obviously it's not everyone...but you are one example.

North Dakota State and its conference members are outstanding institutions of higher learning. And yes...we have other sports in true DI...just like UDU.

As long as the MN rationalization machine continues...the frustration will continue. When MN is able to say..."they were simply better than us"...the program will see real progress. Maybe Coach Kill can teach people how to think about it. Glen Mason didn't deserve to be fired. He was a scapegoat. He brought you to a few decent bowl games. That's about as good as it will get at MN. A BCS bowl could happen someday...but it has to build slowly...with a better attitude.

Fact is...the Bison were quite a bit better than the Gophers. It certainly wasn't an upset. Have you heard a Gopher fan say this?

The Bison beat MN in almost every aspect of the game. The point spread could have been worse. Could have been 44 to 20-something easly. A blowout.

It's ok for you to be proud...but don't insult us by telling us about the tradition of the Big 10. If you come to our board as a guest, and look down your nose at us...you're not promoting the cause of MN athletics. You're taking away from it.

You're also giving crap to people that you sit next to at Twins, Vikings, Wild, and T-Wolves games. We're a big part of the fan base...just so ya know.
    I was going to say the same thing just a little shorter like KISS MY FAT HAIRY ASS but yours sounds a little better. LOL

This is a very good point. We all need to remember those transition years when no one was scheduling NDSU, the University of Minnesota scheduled us in many sports. They have been a damn good neighbor during our transition and during that transition gave us the opportunity to play some of the most memorable games in Bison history. For that, I will always have the highest level of respect for Joel Maturi and the University of Minnesota.

I have been in the dome when we were losing and have seen us being disrespected.

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

Very well said!

One needs to be Humble in victory and Gracious in defeat. Regardless if you were playing IN the game or were in the stands as a fan.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 4mcrue View Post
    I have been in the dome when we were losing and have seen us being disrespected.
    But why drop yourself and the image of our program to that level......let them be if you ignore them they will go away if you acknowledge it just fuels the fire.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    But why drop yourself and the image of our program to that level......let them be if you ignore them they will go away if you acknowledge it just fuels the fire.
    I didn't know me calling a gopher fan a douche on bisonville would drop the image of our program. I wasn't even at the game, so you can't say I disrespected anybody on the field or in the crowd. It's college sports, people are passionate, people dis each other back and forth. Get over it.

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

Quote Originally Posted by 4mcrue View Post
    I didn't know me calling a gopher fan a douche on bisonville would drop the image of our program. I wasn't even at the game, so you can't say I disrespected anybody on the field or in the crowd. It's college sports, people are passionate, people dis each other back and forth. Get over it.
    Thats the problem. There isnt any reason for it unless its in good fun. But of course some people are just assholes for no good reason. I dont give a shit if you are passionate about your team. There is no reason to be an ass just because you are a fan.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."