Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My meaningless thoughts after a day of drinking

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default My meaningless thoughts after a day of drinking

1. DJ made some dude look absolutely sick on a run in the 1st half
    2. Brock looked decent???? (question marks because i'm amazed by that)
    3. Minnesota should be ashamed at being in the Big Ten, or 12, however many teams they have now.
    4. My brother on the east coast was impressed.
    5. Nobody cares that my brother was impressed.
    6. NDSU would finish .500 in the Big Ten, with wins over MN, IL, NW, IN, and PUR. assuming of course, that they played all those teams during the year.
    7. I feel bad for Jerry Kill, he has no idea what he got into.
    8. LOL, at the Gophers fans who predicted a 20 point win, at least.
    9. Was the final spread for Wisconsin-USD really 49 1/2? Because, damn I would have bet the farm on it, and won by 1/2 a point.
    10. Last, but not least, the play at the end of the half should make Sportscenter Top 10.....if it doesn't, that just shows you that no one, not even ESPN, gives a shit about Gopher games.

Default Re: My meaningless thoughts after a day of drinking

Why were you surprised by Brock's performance? He has been steadily improving every game.

I'll add another thought to my list (in the other thread). I haven't been this happy about a win since we stopped playing the Sewage. I wish we could schedule the Goofs every year.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

I guess I was surprised at some of his throws that were right on the money.....although, there were some great catches to help him out. But he did put them in a great spot. So, props to him.

Fair enough. It still worries me that he sometimes misses the easy (even the "automatic") throws but his deep ball is consistent. And damn can he run. I'll take him any day over the Goofer's "one read and run" QB.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    1. 3. Minnesota should be ashamed at being in the Big Ten, or 12, however many teams they have now.
    7. I feel bad for Jerry Kill, he has no idea what he got into.
    Here's the thing. Big Ten is about more than football. And even when we are down, and it has been too many years, we are still a Big Ten School, A Big Ten Team ... and nothing takes that away. I'll take being a Gopher Alum/Fan, even in the bad years ..... over being playoff bound/national champs(?) in Div1AA. Simple truth. We can/will get better ... you've pretty much hit your limit. A good limit.

As for Kill, I don't feel for him. He is making a good salary, and he is now a BIG TEN coach. Heck, when he gets us back to the glory days of "Glenn Mason", we will probably rename the stadium. We will be back to mediocrity before we know it.

Good luck the rest of your season Bison. I'm sure I'll see you on ESPN2 around mid-december.

11. I forgot #11.....I feel bad for Gopher fans who have to make excuses about how mediocre they are. Thank you, DGoph, for reminding me.

ITT: Reasons it's better to be a loser than a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    11. I forgot #11.....I feel bad for Gopher fans who have to make excuses about how mediocre they are. Thank you, DGoph, for reminding me.
    No problem. I enjoyed it here. See you in about a decade!

And now that i'm red, you can DELETE this account; I'm tired of this worthless endeavor. GO GOPHERS!

Quote Originally Posted by DGoph View Post
    No problem. I enjoyed it here. See you in about a decade!

And now that i'm red, you can DELETE this account; I'm tired of this worthless endeavor. GO GOPHERS!

Where do you want them to go, exactly? My vote would be for the WAC.

/seems like a better fit.

Quote Originally Posted by DGoph View Post
    Here's the thing. Big Ten is about more than football. And even when we are down, and it has been too many years, we are still a Big Ten School, A Big Ten Team ... and nothing takes that away. I'll take being a Gopher Alum/Fan, even in the bad years ..... over being playoff bound/national champs(?) in Div1AA. Simple truth. We can/will get better ... you've pretty much hit your limit. A good limit.

As for Kill, I don't feel for him. He is making a good salary, and he is now a BIG TEN coach. Heck, when he gets us back to the glory days of "Glenn Mason", we will probably rename the stadium. We will be back to mediocrity before we know it.

Good luck the rest of your season Bison. I'm sure I'll see you on ESPN2 around mid-december.
    This is a typical Gopher fan reaction to any loss or losing season. I call it 'Sid' logic. In the world of Sid...we would beat USC by 11 points...lol

I taught in Hutchinson, MN for several years and was a legitimate Gophers fan. I'll date myself by saying that I went to games when Kevin McHale, Corky Taylor, Michael Thompson, Ray Williams, and other greats were huge stars in the barn. I loved it. And I used to cheer my guts out for the football team too.

When the TOTAL disrespect from Gopherville came our way in 2006 (about the state and its people)...I lost all respect for the fan base at MN. Obviously it's not everyone...but you are one example.

North Dakota State and its conference members are outstanding institutions of higher learning. And yes...we have other sports in true DI...just like UDU.

As long as the MN rationalization machine continues...the frustration will continue. When MN is able to say..."they were simply better than us"...the program will see real progress. Maybe Coach Kill can teach people how to think about it. Glen Mason didn't deserve to be fired. He was a scapegoat. He brought you to a few decent bowl games. That's about as good as it will get at MN. A BCS bowl could happen someday...but it has to build slowly...with a better attitude.

Fact is...the Bison were quite a bit better than the Gophers. It certainly wasn't an upset. Have you heard a Gopher fan say this?

The Bison beat MN in almost every aspect of the game. The point spread could have been worse. Could have been 44 to 20-something easly. A blowout.

It's ok for you to be proud...but don't insult us by telling us about the tradition of the Big 10. If you come to our board as a guest, and look down your nose at us...you're not promoting the cause of MN athletics. You're taking away from it.

You're also giving crap to people that you sit next to at Twins, Vikings, Wild, and T-Wolves games. We're a big part of the fan base...just so ya know.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.