Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My meaningless thoughts after a day of drinking

Default Re: My meaningless thoughts after a day of drinking

I too had a season ticket holder (sitting in the $90 seats near the 50) sitting in front of me who was very respectful and complimentary of our team (disclaimer: his daughter is a freshman at NDSU). Also the family to my right was very classy other than that I was surrounded by Bison fans who were passionate but respectful. Very enjoyable game!

On a side not is there a more "Cheesy/Hokey" cheer/song than the "Rouser"?

I noticed Wahlo was blocking WELL all game long. Just watching the replay, he ran over to the hole and took on a linebacker. That's playing as a team.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    I also feel the NDSU fans need to respect the fans of the stadium you are sitting in. You cheer for your team, you cheer your guts out, but show some respect to the other team. While I saw that happening most of the time, I was ashamed at a few things I saw. Put yourself in the shoes of a bison fan sitting in Fargo losing to Duluth, or something like that. There is such a thing as being a good and respectful winner.
    Valid point. I'd like to know why a few MN fans turned around and flipped us off before the game even started. Double barrel flip off too, not the nice flip off. Another guy asked me about who've we've played and was condascending as hell...until he asked me if this was our first "real" test of the year and I replied that next weekend would be our first real test.

That shut him up for awhile at least.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I didnt call YOU an asshole. Asshole was used in a generic form as ---(if you re-read my post) --""But of course some people are just assholes for no good reason.""--read SOME PEOPLE. Now if you see yourself in that post I wont bear bear that cross. Thats all on you.
    I don't understand you at all. If anyone should clean up their conduct by cutting down the "father like" role it's you.

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sorry to say but most gopher fans are arrogant even beyond being assholish.

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My Gopher fan experiences last night.....

1. Fan behind me asks me to sit down during the 2nd third down of the game. Told him "no". Found out from my wife today that he proceeded to say "F you". Ended up moving to the next section over later in the quarter and proudly stood and cheered every defensive 3rd and 4th down the entire game.

2. During a break in the game, I turned around to take a picture of the rest of our group about 10 rows behind amongst the large Bison contingency in our section. A Gopher fan (I am assuming Dave Hakstol's son??) stood up and flipped me off the entire time.

3. Starting the fourth quarter the fan right in front of me starts mocking our players being from Gwinner, ND, etc. and made a comment about "the Super Bowl" to his wife about 1000 times. After Jastrom missed the field goal he turned around and said "well, I guess you guys haven't won your Super Bowl yet". He ran out so fast after Marcus' interception return, I couldn't help but laugh.

Overall, not impressed by the Gopher fans around us, but had a great time yesterday. No voice today, but it is well worth it.

Now to keep it rolling into conference play and take it one game at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by CivilBison96 View Post
    I too had a season ticket holder (sitting in the $90 seats near the 50) sitting in front of me who was very respectful and complimentary of our team (disclaimer: his daughter is a freshman at NDSU). Also the family to my right was very classy other than that I was surrounded by Bison fans who were passionate but respectful. Very enjoyable game!

On a side not is there a more "Cheesy/Hokey" cheer/song than the "Rouser"?
    No, but when it takes most of their 4 years at "The U" to learn how to spell Minnesota what can you expect!
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.