Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Superbowl?

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Superbowl?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBison View Post
    This game and UNI is the biggest games on our schedule.
    id put any playoff game too

BigBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    id put any playoff game too
    Of course, Once we get there. I'm talking regular season schedule.

When people call this a Superbowl, they mean it figuratively. In terms of excitement among casual fans this is as big as it really gets for us with the possible exception of the championship game.

That is what superbowl means to me, hype and enthusiasm among casual fans.

Beating Kansas last year was a big reason we got into the playoffs. Beating a FBS school will be huge come playoff time as far as getting in and seeding goes. This game is big not because it is Minnesota, but also because it is an FBS team (and a little because its MN). Otherwise I agree that conference games are more important especially UNI.

Quote Originally Posted by ndbj52 View Post
    Beating Kansas last year was a big reason we got into the playoffs. Beating a FBS school will be huge come playoff time as far as getting in and seeding goes. This game is big not because it is Minnesota, but also because it is an FBS team (and a little because its MN). Otherwise I agree that conference games are more important especially UNI.
    Heck, I think beating Minnesota in 2007 helped NDSU get into the playoffs in 2010. Wins like that help build NDSU's reputation around the FCS.

Not a super bowl. Its a regular season game with a playoff atmosphere. We, unlike the Gophers, have realistic dreams of winning the conference and making a run to win the national championship.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    Haha say that I said that on KFAN 100,000 god.dam.wattts!!!
    I heard you!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by mnriverbison View Post
    When people call this a Superbowl, they mean it figuratively. In terms of excitement among casual fans this is as big as it really gets for us with the possible exception of the championship game.

That is what superbowl means to me, hype and enthusiasm among casual fans.
    Good point.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I wish the media would quit calling this a rivalry. That makes the casual fan even more confused.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 8>1 View Post
    I wish the media would quit calling this a rivalry. That makes the casual fan even more confused.
    It may not be a rivalry on paper, but as I pointed out in another thread...it looks like a rivalry and smells like a rivalry...

Just sayin'. They even compared us to Wisconsin in the Strib.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.