Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Superbowl?

Default Re: Superbowl?

Haha say that I said that on KFAN 100,000 god.dam.wattts!!!

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

gotta beat UNI. Quite frankly, they are a much better team than the Goofers anyway, and so are the Bison. This game just happens to be on a bigger stage than usual, that is all. But judging by the Goofer players reaction after their win over lowly Miami(OH) last week, every game that results in a win for them is a superbowl!

chuckles is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Our 'super bowl' is in Frisco, Texas. Period.

You can put whatever labels you want to on the Goofer game, UNI, any other game. The goal should be to take it a game at a time and march down to Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by chuckles View Post
    Our 'super bowl' is in Frisco, Texas. Period.

You can put whatever labels you want to on the Goofer game, UNI, any other game. The goal should be to take it a game at a time and march down to Texas!
    This was my point the whole time.

props to you.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

As we found out last year, beating Kansas and then losing to UNI really sucked. I would have given anything to have lost to Kansas and beat UNI. This game is not even close to a superbowl, anyway you want to measure it. Our goals are to win the conference title and a national title and its not big deal if we beat a team that is 20 spots below us in the Sagarin rankings.

Superbowls are played in the NFL. I don't know why this thread even exists.
    The game is a big time game........bigger than any FCS game if interest and attendance are any measure.
    These games prove how much of a fan following NDSU has, how good the Bison football teams are compared to FBS, and someday hopefully soon NDSU is there. NDSU does not belong in FCS.

They asked this question on KFAN this afternoon right before "Firedennyguy" was on. I sent in an email with a lot of the same feelings as have been posted here. This is a big game for the year, especially for us alumni here in the cities who can't make it back to Fargo for every home game. IF we have a "Superbowl" type game this year, it will not be in Minneapolis in September, it will be in Frisco, Texas in January. The main reason the 06 & 07 games were so huge was because we weren't playoff eligible so those were our Superbowl's. That's not the case this year. We have bigger fish to fry, and as Lakes said on the fan today, as far as winning in Minneapolis is concerned we've been there done that.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    The game is a big time game........bigger than any FCS game if interest and attendance are any measure.
    These games prove how much of a fan following NDSU has, how good the Bison football teams are compared to FBS, and someday hopefully soon NDSU is there. NDSU does not belong in FCS.
    All these games show is that the mid-level to top tier FCS, can compete in the FBS.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    We average 1800 plus fans a game. That puts us near the top of FCS as far as fan support. We would be near the bottom if we were FBS! Right now we are where we should be! As far as the Gopher game goes, I dont feel it is important as any of our conference games, but a win would give us a lot of exposure! Its window dressing! My biggest hope for this season is to beat UNI, and win the Valley, where we haven't had a winning season yet! Lets get a few conference titles under our belt, sell out the dome EVERY week, then talk FBS!

BigBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This game and UNI is the biggest games on our schedule. Actually I've had UNI highlighted all year. God I hope we beat the bastards! and the student section is rockin that game! I remember in 07 after we beat the gophers the student turn out was kinda dismal.