Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Superbowl?

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Superbowl?

I've read several comments from Gopher fans and maybe even a couple of Bison fans, about this being a Superbowl type game for the Bison this year. I disagree 100%. I understand it is a very important game on our schedule, there is no denying that. Any FBS game should be a highlight of any schedule. I'm sure our players have had this one circled for awhile, especially the kids on the roster from the state to our east.
    I do however think that this game differs greatly from the games played in '06 and '07 for one obvious reason. We are playoff elgible. The Bison are playing for the ultimate prize of a national championship. Those previous years were transition years for us. Sure, the Bison had Great West title hopes on their goal sheet, along with an undefeated season so beating SDSU had to be on there as well. But I had the feeling, that those 2 Gopher games were like playoff games, and maybe even felt a bit like championship games.
    This year is different though, and I really hope our guys understand that there is alot of season left after Saturday, and that they dont peak, and stay focused on the bigger picture. I hope the Minnesota kids on the roster maintain their composure, and dont make it a personal thing to show the folks at the U of M that they maybe belong there. I know the guys will be ready, and I'm sure coach Bohl has preached and preached to these guys what the ultimate goal for the season is. I hope for a hard fought, injury free, make Bison nation proud type of effort, kind of game.

Go Bison!!!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Default Re: Superbowl?

They are confusing 2007 with 2011. Unlike them we have a legit chance at a championship. Minnesota will not have that for decades if even then.

They are also overlooking the fact that about 40 FCS teams would split games against minnesota 50/50 or better. Minnesota sucks as a BCS school, and even as an FBS school.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I always stress more about beating SDSU

I want Bison to beat anyone in their schedule.

I dont know what the buzz is like in Fargo but the buzz was big in 07

I hope we beat Minnesota, but UNI is our superbowl imo. We have to win that game no matter what imo.

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    I always stress more about beating SDSU

I want Bison to beat anyone in their schedule.

I dont know what the buzz is like in Fargo but the buzz was big in 07
    I am not looking for the buzz, but I have heard almost nothing. Outside like 3 articles from a sports writer.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    I am not looking for the buzz, but I have heard almost nothing. Outside like 3 articles from a sports writer.
    we have more to the season than just winning and not getting into the playoffs like before

Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    we have more to the season than just winning and not getting into the playoffs like before
    look up 3 posts.

Lakes just sent me a bat signal =

I.said SUPER BOWL?? This aint ndsu's super bowl, weve been.here done.that, beat the gophs, beat kansas...we here to party and win again, im not even worried

It was something to hang our hat on in 06 and 07. Now...we don't need it as much.

A win would be...A LOT OF FUN.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by 4mcrue View Post
    I hope we beat Minnesota, but UNI is our superbowl imo. We have to win that game no matter what imo.
    I'm with you 4m.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.