Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: WIU Trip

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: WIU Trip

Anyone know what time the tailgate lot opens?
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

My guess is that it never closes.

533 In a row

You guys were asking about places to eat, so here's a few decent options.

Sportsbar-style:
    Sports Corner @124 - 124 N. Randolph (1/2 block north of the downtown square)
    Chicks on the Square - South side of the downtown square, known for their "Chicken Lips" (breaded chicken strips with special sauce)
    Rocky's Bar & Grill - 1420 W. Jackson St. (West side of town, on the main "strip", about 3 blocks south of campus)

A little more upscale:
    Shiloh's Bar & Bistro - West side of the downtown square, live jazz many evenings (including Friday before the game).
    Magnolia's - 130 North Lafayette (1/2 block north of the downtown square)
    DJ's Steakhouse - 127 E. Carroll (right next to the Sports Corner @124, just north of the downtown square), a bit less "upscale" then the previous two places listed, but a pretty decent option for a basic steak, and the salmon is pretty darn good as well.

There's other places to eat as well, a couple of excellent Mexican restaurants (El Rancherito and Guadalajara), varying qualities of Chinese restaurants, a Buffalo Wild Wings, and the usual fast food places (McDonalds, Burger King, Wendys, Hardees, Taco Bell, Subway, etc.).

For those of you making the trip down, I hope you enjoy your time in Macomb (despite what a few commenters have said, I think it's a great small town). If you haven't been to Hanson Field before, it's located right in the middle of campus, perfect for a great college atmosphere. Show up early for free tailgating in "Q Lot" (the large parking lot just North of the stadium). The only downside is that this weekend is the start of Thanksgiving break, and with the team not in the position to have any games after this weekend, the local crowd will probably be small.

I've missed a total of 3 WIU home football games since 1996, so you can bet I'll be there. I always sit right next to the band, so for those of you sitting in the visitor's section, you'll be about 1 section to my left. Enjoy your stay, and good luck in the playoffs.

Thanks for the info. See us in the tailgate lot before the game.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Thanks for the info. See us in the tailgate lot before the game.
    Hey, ST!! Compare this:

I've missed a total of 3 WIU home football games since 1996, so you can bet I'll be there. I always sit right next to the band, so for those of you sitting in the visitor's section, you'll be about 1 section to my left. Enjoy your stay, and good luck in the playoffs.
    with Road's sigline:

352 in a row
    I think we are already up a TD on you guys!!!!!!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Yup, he's got me beat, definitely. That's pretty impressive.
    I didn't start going to games until I was in the Marching Leathernecks in '96. And of course the day my sister decided to schedule her wedding ended up being Homecoming a few years ago, but otherwise, I make it to every home game that I possibly can.

Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
    Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000

Road trip. Gotta go!

533 In a row

Bisonfan1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ST_Lawson View Post
    Yup, he's got me beat, definitely. That's pretty impressive.
    I didn't start going to games until I was in the Marching Leathernecks in '96. And of course the day my sister decided to schedule her wedding ended up being Homecoming a few years ago, but otherwise, I make it to every home game that I possibly can.
    Be careful about admitting you missed a game for a wedding, BV's SDBison admitted this and it will haunt him forever !! BTW you will find our fans a very decent fun bunch. Have fun
    West Lot Champions - 2008 Bison Pride Award/2009 Best Set-Up & Fan Favorite/ 2010 Fan Favorite / 2011 Fan Favorite - TOHBTC

First day was a success. Cloudy and 50 in Macomb this morning. Heading to the stadium shortly. 353

533 In a row

Bisonfan1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    First day was a success. Cloudy and 50 in Macomb this morning. Heading to the stadium shortly. 353
    Congrats on 353 - A few pics from the tailgate scene would be appreciated - For those of us that couldn't make it, we will be there in spirit. Take it to em !! GO BISON
    West Lot Champions - 2008 Bison Pride Award/2009 Best Set-Up & Fan Favorite/ 2010 Fan Favorite / 2011 Fan Favorite - TOHBTC