Thread: How 'bout that Bison defense?!!

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default How 'bout that Bison defense?!!

Just watched the STFU game again on the DVR. Lots of highlights, but the thing that stood out the most to me is that the Bison defense is playing FAST. The difference from 2 years ago compared to now is mind boggling. This group is talented, deep, and athletic. Go Bison!!
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Default Re: How 'bout that Bison defense?!!

I agree. Kind of interesting to see Stoczynski at DT during obvious passing downs. The way the staff has recruited has much to do with added speed imho. We are turning high school safeties into OLB and high school DE into DT and NG.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

What's the story with Anthony Lavoy? Is he playing, redshirting, etc? I haven't noticed thusfar but I figured somebody on here would know.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    What's the story with Anthony Lavoy? Is he playing, redshirting, etc? I haven't noticed thusfar but I figured somebody on here would know.
    Lavoy played quite a bit. He appears to be the third option at NG behind Drevlow and Juckem. Unofficially, I counted 30 different players on the field for the Bison defense.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Lavoy played quite a bit. He appears to be the third option at NG behind Drevlow and Juckem.
    Thanks, I forgot he was a transfer, I was thinking he was a new recruit.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Thanks, I forgot he was a transfer, I was thinking he was a new recruit.
    You might be thinking of ALEX Lavoy who is redshirting and working at LB.
    — John Wooden