Page 61 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Tailgating Policy

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Football Tailgating Policy

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I took the question as being in the NDSU area where I never saw one. (Yes, I could have missed it.) I did see them in EWU area. There was basically nothing there when we started.
    There was one parked in the back of the NDSU tailgate lot for awhile. He came up and chatted with a few of us. Very nice. He left well before we started our walk up the hill. It's telling that you didn't notice him, but then again, recreational weed is legal in Washington...
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft-living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life...

I think the people who think that tailgating is too restrictive have been maligned far too much here. I will say that I am speaking from a position of privilege. I have at least 4 tailgates in the reserved lots that I can visit, drink, eat, and socialize at. I park my car in one of the $5 lots by the research park and head over to a place I can set my beer with a huge spread and wander around to chat. If I wish I can also park myself there for the entirety of the time and be just fine but I tend to put a lot of miles on the shoes getting around to see everyone.

That said, I am also one of the many who visits several road locations and sees relaxed tailgating (of all sizes) work just fine. This is an attiudinal barrier and nothing more.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20+ RV'S lined up for a D2 North Alabama game 36 hours before kickoff.

Homecoming and SDSU games you will have to park it there on Tuesday.

For god's sake, open up the South and South East lots for tailgating, its 2018, this is embarassing. it is Deterring people from coming.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    20+ RV'S lined up for a D2 North Alabama game 36 hours before kickoff.

Homecoming and SDSU games you will have to park it there on Tuesday.

For god's sake, open up the South and South East lots for tailgating, its 2018, this is embarassing. it is Deterring people from coming.
    Heard that a tailgate group got ticketed for providing Alcohol to a minor during the Western Illinois pregame.
    A minor was sent in and given a beer, is what I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Heard that a tailgate group got ticketed for providing Alcohol to a minor during the Western Michigan pregame.
    A minor was sent in and given a beer, is what I heard.
    Western Michigan? I know for a fact some were ticketed for contributing to a minor this year in the Fargodome lot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Western Michigan? I know for a fact some were ticketed for contributing to a minor this year in the Fargodome lot.

Yes Western Illinois. There has always been minors caught drinking and ticketed, but having them send a minor in to a group and then ticketed was the story this time.

Yes Western Illinois. There has always been minors caught drinking and ticketed, but having them send a minor in to a group and then ticketed was the story this time.
    Yep that's what I heard too. Pretty shitty imo.

“A group” can’t get ticketed unless the tailgate group is an LLC or an otherwise “legal entity”. So, I’ll call BS on “group” getting ticketed. The person who handed the beer over? Yes.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    “A group” can’t get ticketed unless the tailgate group is an LLC or an otherwise “legal entity”. So, I’ll call BS on “group” getting ticketed. The person who handed the beer over? Yes.
    "Tail gate group, but if they stood and watch and could see a person hand the minor the beer its that person who got the ticket but happened in a tailgate group. and everyone just needs to be on the watch for it.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Correct one person was ticketed.