Page 41 of 74 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Tailgating Policy

Default Re: Football Tailgating Policy

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    You said it best is that is no longer ma and pa shop, losing its personal touch, they're trying to hold on to that too much. I never expected or expect that any one of those people you listed would ever know who I am even if I am ever so fortunate to become a large $ donor. Because I'm not in it to get inside info or perks our need my ego stroked by some high ranking coach or administrator. Due to them adding thousands of donors the past 10 years, teammakers needs to move out of this good ole boys and girls group where everyone knows everyone. If they try to keep it a personal touch group you're going to fall behind. They need to be more progressive and proactive not reactive to issues. Then we wouldn't have to make 2-3 follow up calls since we wouldn't even need to make the first call.
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    I dont think thats being fair or realistic. In a perfect world you would be correct. In any type of huge growth it seems customer service is always the first to suffer. Why? because you lose that personal touch to some degree. And i dont think you have to fall behind just because you offer a more personal experience. In time they will get it figured out.

If you want to see what happens to a program when they started treating there fans as customers look what happened to Michigan before this last year. It was ugly.

NDSU has used a very measured approach in everything they have done during this most recent run of success as they have moved forward. It may be a slow process but they are doing it right. IMO
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Just my two cents:
    TM is getting much better marketing itself. They realize they have a long way to go. No one should have to hunt down information about an organization that is about fundraising. I was able to pay for my Master Gardener dinner on a portal through NDSU. So this is an easy thing to fix. If they cant figure it out we have a whole IT building. Get help.
    The harder problem is perception. Whether it be right are wrong there is a perception that is a barrier to going further.
    Many think the organization is for 'the rich guys'. We know this isnt true, but sometimes even I get that feeling.

The hardest perception to overcome is that the members are old. My kids went with me to lunches this year. Their comment was a little kinder. Pat did talk to my daughter about this and she agreed to get together and work on this (this was before they knew a baby was on the way). She was/ is in marketing so she does have some ideas. They know they have a problem and thats the first step in fixing it.
    I think TM is having growing pains. It will take some strong and savy people to move this thing forward.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

That is kind of where I'm coming from is they're making changes, the 5 time national champions kind of are the monkey wrench in this as that has played a large part. But I have to think back when I was joining which was prior to 09 debacle they had to of been adding a fair amount of people. Some of these changes should have started awhile back regardless of winning losing by football. It shouldn't have taken them huge growth to realize what aspects they needed to improve. Instead reacting rather than being proactive. Think that culture falls directly on the leader. Would they be able to get everything probably not. There will always be something. Just glad they're progressing bit by bit.

I've been a Team Maker for 25 or 26 years and never had a chance to attend a Lunch Meeting. I've played in several of the golf events over the years and helped organize a few. I've participated in the annual membership drive. I don't know if it has changed all that much but I never got a real "touchy feely" welcome. It's not really a "club". Bunches of members do their regular thing. They play golf together at the events and they probably socialize regularly at the luncheons, etc. Other than the Executive Board who meets regularly, that's probably the extent of anybody's involvement day to day with the organization. I'd be surprised if there is a lot of specific things the organization does with regard to tailgating and gameday other than selling the 50/50 tickets. Everything else probably runs through the Athletic Department.

theres ONLY 1 REMAINING DIVISION 2 PERSON IN CHARGE OF SOMETHING AT NDSU....

Teammakers..... let that sink in, NDSU is missing out on MILLIONS of $$$
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I've been a Team Maker for 25 or 26 years and never had a chance to attend a Lunch Meeting. I've played in several of the golf events over the years and helped organize a few. I've participated in the annual membership drive. I don't know if it has changed all that much but I never got a real "touchy feely" welcome. It's not really a "club". Bunches of members do their regular thing. They play golf together at the events and they probably socialize regularly at the luncheons, etc. Other than the Executive Board who meets regularly, that's probably the extent of anybody's involvement day to day with the organization. I'd be surprised if there is a lot of specific things the organization does with regard to tailgating and gameday other than selling the 50/50 tickets. Everything else probably runs through the Athletic Department.

I think you might be on to something.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

That is kind of where I'm coming from is they're making changes, the 5 time national champions kind of are the monkey wrench in this as that has played a large part. But I have to think back when I was joining which was prior to 09 debacle they had to of been adding a fair amount of people. Some of these changes should have started awhile back regardless of winning losing by football. It shouldn't have taken them huge growth to realize what aspects they needed to improve. Instead reacting rather than being proactive. Think that culture falls directly on the leader. Would they be able to get everything probably not. There will always be something. Just glad they're progressing bit by bit.
    That would have been Gene Taylor.
    Then one must look at the committees that approve or disapprove all ideas brought forward before anything can be done..
    Unilateral decisions are not the order of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    That would have been Gene Taylor.
    Then one must look at the committees that approve or disapprove all ideas brought forward before anything can be done..
    Unilateral decisions are not the order of the day.

So Teammakers executive director is a fluff title to pay him more? I know most things are not a unilateral decision and would of needed GT or ML approval, but they're not going to be involved in it as fully as PS. So I'd look at him as bring the leader. In my job I don't get direction or orders from the CEO. The VP does that.

So Teammakers executive director is a fluff title to pay him more? I know most things are not a unilateral decision and would of needed GT or ML approval, but they're not going to be involved in it as fully as PS. So I'd look at him as bring the leader. In my job I don't get direction or orders from the CEO. The VP does that.
    Why is everyone an athletic director? Ive never understood those titles.

But I certainly understand what you are saying. Ive had numerous conversations with PS about everything that has been brought up here. Whats interesting is the fact PS brought up those subjects before it was ever mentioned here. Theyve also known for quite sometime that changes needed to be made especially in regards to the computer systems-programs etc.
    It only seems they are reactive in their thinking. Now they may be reactive in taking action but thats a more of a process.

I would also like to thank you for the level headed conversation. Its refreshing.

So, went by the line. Already back to Neuman, and 80% of vehicles. Why does NDSU selectively enforce rules? This is nuts at this point. It is like they know they have a mess, then I confront them and they say they will enforce the rules, and then they don't, because it is hard, because they have a mess.

Anyone with insight, please explain. Glad I am at the Candlewood so I don't have to deal with this shit.