Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Tailgating Policy

Default Re: Football Tailgating Policy

I've never lined up early for our resereved spots, but I am planning to this week to get set up in time for Gameday. I know you queue up in D lot, but which entrance do you use?
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    I've never lined up early for our resereved spots, but I am planning to this week to get set up in time for Gameday. I know you queue up in D lot, but which entrance do you use?
    Enter from the east end of lot D

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Enter from the east end of lot D
    I understand that, but do they want you to enter from 19th, University, or 17th? Or doesn't it matter?
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

I understand that, but do they want you to enter from 19th, University, or 17th? Or doesn't it matter?
    That's a good question with the 19th Ave construction. I know there will be access from 19th but with limited access due to detours it will
    be interesting. I guess I would risk 17th on the south side of the dome, and hope they are giving direction there.

anyone with a better idea speak up.

Slight thread drift, I admit, but:

In Aimes Iowa, that had 5X the number of folks tailgating than we do in Fargo. They opened lots 6 hours before the game and I never once saw security personnel. I guess I just don't get it sometimes; namely why the Fargo nazi's are so scared of tailgating.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post

In Aimes Iowa, that had 5X the number of folks tailgating than we do in Fargo. They opened lots 6 hours before the game and I never once saw security personnel. I guess I just don't get it sometimes; namely why the Fargo nazi's are so scared of tailgating.
    Something about someone trying to light a rainforest on fire or something.

19th Ave Status
    I-29 to 18th St = Fully open
    18th St to Albrecht = one lane in each direction
    Albrecht to University = Totally closed, detour on 21st Ave
    University to 10th St = one lane only for westbound, closed eastbound

533 In a row

That's been my conclusion every time we've tailgated somewhere. I'd like to ask whoever is in charge of Fargodome tailgating what problem they are trying to solve?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

True. I've seen cops near the stadium before/after games in Ames, but can't recall ever seeing a cop in the tailgate lots . . . and we are usually near the road that goes between the lots where it would be easy to patrol. It was much worse in Iowa City two years ago . . . cops giving out lots of open container citations.

This just sent out. Hmmm...

Just a few reminders for all of our Tailgater’s as we come up to our Homecoming event.

• All tailgate setups must remain in the confines of your purchased spaces, designated by the painted parking spots.
    • Blocking walkways and driveways is not acceptable and will not be tolerated. All equipment must fit in your space.
    • Lot G south is a 1st come 1st serve lot. All portable equipment and pedestrians will be removed from lot G south until all vehicles have entered. Saving spots will not be allowed. Security will patrol Lot G until all vehicles have entered.

Security will be available to assist anyone who needs help with these guidelines.

We appreciated your cooperation.

Patrick Simmers
    Sr. Associate AD/Team Makers
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans