Page 17 of 74 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Tailgating Policy

Default Re: Football Tailgating Policy

I think the line for reserved is getting ridiculous.

Fix that, and then let's finally move to a single rule for drinks in the lot (no glass). I'm sick of this cup thing and the trash it generates.

They need to have an overflow lot. Especially for September through homecoming. One of those grassy lots west somewhere. Bigger schools have tailgating lots all over and they don't necessarily need to be next to each other. Charging more would be another revenue opportunity.

I was walking through the far west lot before the game and had a couple of observations. They need to number that lot and assign spots as they pay. Extremely inefficient parking of rigs. I don't have a problem with whatever kind of rig someone wants to tailgate with, but there are guidelines as to how they are to utilize space. It wasn't being used properly and more people could be engaging in tailgating if they numbered the parking spots, had them preset by rig type, and assigned them as people paid. While I do think the ultimate solution is to have the unreserved portion sold online on Tuesday, which would avoid the lines. I know they want the unreserved part so people have the opportunity to participate on a week by week basis, but they could make it happen earlier in the week with an online arrangement just like ticket sales.

NDSU could be making a killing with premium spots with outlets on their grassy lots between the research buildings. A surcharge for plugging in so no need for generators and painted off spots.

Lastly, I have been kicking around an idea and figured I would introduce it to BV to see if people here would think there would be interest. This would extend earlier than football games and there is need here, so I am not worried about it being just a 4 to 6 weekend a year proposal. Would people be interested in a campground where there would be live music on Friday and Saturday night, shuttles to the game on Saturday, and a full on party like atmosphere over a Bison home game weekend? There are some locations within 15 minutes of the dome which would be perfect for this that are still remote enough to not bother private homes. Basically a weekend long offsite tailgating experience with full campground amenities and transportation to and from the game.

All the spots are numbered in the far west lots. At least the NNW lot is numbered and I was thinking the SSW was also but I may be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by pwbnd View Post
    I wasn't able to circulate around too much on Saturday, but does anybody know if any tailgaters relegated to the east side once the west lots were full? If so, were there any issues?

We waited in line just under 15 hours. I estimated we were about 75-80th in line.

I really hope somebody smarter than me figures out a better way to handle the GA lot...and soon.
    Teammakers has heard EVERY possible idea imaginable when it comes to damn near everything. They had ideas and proposals on how to change the GA parking etc etc .
    When the new AD was hired they had like 3 months to go over 10 months of information to get the AD up to speed on EVERYTHING within the athletic dept etc etc etc. Because of those constraints the tailgate ideas-proposals never made it to the table for discussion. There were bigger fish to fry.

I would not look for any changes this year.

Even with the huge crowd this past weekend it sounds as though everyone got a spot somewhere. So the sky is not falling as some were espousing.
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 09-21-2015 at 08:24 PM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    All the spots are numbered in the far west lots. At least the NNW lot is numbered and I was thinking the SSW was also but I may be wrong.
    I'm 99% sure the spots in the SW (GA) lot are not numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Even with the huge crowd this past weekend it sounds as though everyone got a spot somewhere.
    I guess that's kinda my question. Where did everyone go? Did everyone fit in the SW GA lot? Like I said before, I didn't get a chance to wander too far from our setup on Saturday, so I didn't get much of a feel for where the "overflow" went...or if there even ended up being "overflow."

If there was an overflow lot, does anyone know if those who setup there were able to enjoy an adult beverage without fear of reprisal?

If there was a good crowd in the east lots our group will strongly consider skipping the line-up fiasco for homecoming and just roll in around 8:00 a.m. I'd prefer not making sleeping in our tailgating rig on Friday night before the game a regular occurrence.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bump for answer...

Quote Originally Posted by pwbnd View Post
    I guess that's kinda my question. Where did everyone go? Did everyone fit in the SW GA lot? Like I said before, I didn't get a chance to wander too far from our setup on Saturday, so I didn't get much of a feel for where the "overflow" went...or if there even ended up being "overflow."

If there was an overflow lot, does anyone know if those who setup there were able to enjoy an adult beverage without fear of reprisal?

If there was a good crowd in the east lots our group will strongly consider skipping the line-up fiasco for homecoming and just roll in around 8:00 a.m. I'd prefer not making sleeping in our tailgating rig on Friday night before the game a regular occurrence.

I wonder how many people had their first taste of tailgating this past weekend. The foot traffic seemed busier than I have ever seen it and we are in the far west row which is usually not too crowded.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

I barely got in the west lot GA, and only due to excellent ushering and I lost 1 hour of tailgate time.

I saw numerous folks, gasp, tailgating in non approved areas. Crazy part is world did not end. (South of West lot, and on east side). Folks are not going to follow the rules when currently unreasonable. I fully planned to break the rules if I did not get in.

PL, you'd think am overflow lot would be an obvious solution until better decisions can be made. For the record, I would have followed ask rules other than location if I bent them. I just can't wrap my mind around this.