Page 15 of 74 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Tailgating Policy

Default Re: Football Tailgating Policy

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpster View Post
    Question: If we had 2 vehicles that we were parking overnight in line do we need at least 1 person in each vehicle or could we have both in one of said vehicles and none in the other?
    I know a couple of state reps from MN who'd be willing to hold down that second vehicle for you.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpster View Post
    Question: If we had 2 vehicles that we were parking overnight in line do we need at least 1 person in each vehicle or could we have both in one of said vehicles and none in the other?
    WDAY said today Fargo police and NDSU officials request you stay with your vehicle. Means 2 vehicles 2 people.

Also they said by next year they will decide if they will stop people from lining up early, WTF do they want cars driving around the block to jockey for positions when the appointed time arrives. Then its bumper car to get in line

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    The tailgating rules weren't put in place by NDSU only. If you look at the bottom of the published rules, there is the FARGO POLICE DEPT's signature. I think that might be the biggest hurdle to make any major changes.
    Well if certain person gets to be the top dog, I think it would be good for SU. Can you say NDSU wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    WDAY said today Fargo police and NDSU officials request you stay with your vehicle. Means 2 vehicles 2 people.

Also they said by next year they will decide if they will stop people from lining up early, WTF do they want cars driving around the block to jockey for positions when the appointed time arrives. Then its bumper car to get in line
    The whole idea of having to line up your cars and wait to get access to a PARKING lot just boggles the mind.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post

theyre going to have to let people in at night. cut the small time bullshit on people showing up at X time. Its big enough were people parking at their spots, and setting up is the next step.

cuts a lot of the stress/line/whatever the morning of the tailgate.

so let me get this straight now they are trying to limit the time people can come and line up for an already stupid restriction?? I have reserved so it wont really matter but that BS for the people who dont have reserved...whats next the Students cant line up at the door....they are just going to drive people away...period negating everything that has grown when you have a first come first serve how can you NOT have a lineup??

im sorry but thats dumb....unless im misunderstanding
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

With the close geographic proximity of this weekend's opponent, it's absurd that adjustments aren't being made to accommodate what could potentially be the biggest tailgate ever. While I'm aware that fans of that university in Grand Forks don't have the following or tailgating scene that NDSU does, I fully expect that their fans will occupy a portion...possibly a significant portion of the GA lot on Saturday.

Demand for tailgating spots (that allow for alcohol to be consumed) will exceed supply, likely by a long shot, this Saturday. The lack of foresight (failure to even temporarily increase the supply for this weekend) is going to alienate fans/tailgaters who are denied access, which is unfortunate. The athletics department should be bending over backwards to make tailgating as accessible and inclusive as possible. This is how new and potentially life long fans are made.

Quote Originally Posted by pwbnd View Post
    With the close geographic proximity of this weekend's opponent, it's absurd that adjustments aren't being made to accommodate what could potentially be the biggest tailgate ever. While I'm aware that fans of that university in Grand Forks don't have the following or tailgating scene that NDSU does, I fully expect that their fans will occupy a portion...possibly a significant portion of the GA lot on Saturday.

Demand for tailgating spots (that allow for alcohol to be consumed) will exceed supply, likely by a long shot, this Saturday. The lack of foresight (failure to even temporarily increase the supply for this weekend) is going to alienate fans/tailgaters who are denied access, which is unfortunate. The athletics department should be bending over backwards to make tailgating as accessible and inclusive as possible. This is how new and potentially life long fans are made.
    Maybe NDSU does not want to see a bunch of folks from up north joing us...just a thought

They should have GA open 10 hours before kickoff, but you cannot line up and they only allow one vehicle in at a time once the GSMB stops playing On Bison. A tailgating version of musical chairs if you will. The FPD, of course, would be out in full force for any traffic violations for the vehicles circling the Fargodome.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Maybe NDSU does not want to see a bunch of folks from up north joing us...just a thought
    That's a great plan, as long as all the UND fans wait until 8:00 to get in line.