Page 13 of 74 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Tailgating Policy

Default Re: Football Tailgating Policy

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    So, just like game tickets then?
    Except that I have game tickets so that's not a problem for me.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by pwbnd View Post
    Except, unlike game tickets, NDSU (or whoever gets the parking money from the GA lot where alcohol is allowed, teammakers?) is leaving money on the table by not increasing admission prices to that lot. I may be in the minority here, but I'd like to see them raise the price per spot (say up to 10 or 15 bucks) in that GA lot, at least for the early season games when demand is high. Would reduce the number of people who just park their extra cars there, increase the density of actual tailgating activities, and raise more money for scholarships.

That or open more lots to allow alcohol, again, at least for the early season games when tailgating is at it's peak.
    My understanding is that they weren't allowing cars to go from reserved to GA last week (people expecting to just pay extra to park their car over there).

Time to swap the tailgate lot to the other side of the dome anyway IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Mentality View Post
    My understanding is that they weren't allowing cars to go from reserved to GA last week (people expecting to just pay extra to park their car over there).

That would not be a bad idea. Thinking outside the box. More should do that.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    That would not be a bad idea. Thinking outside the box. More should do that.
    I very much doubt that would happen. Then you would have a packed lot of tailgaters (and many walking in and out) adjacent to 2 busy streets (19th AND University) instead of adjacent to 1 busy street now (19th).

It should've always been in the front of the dome. Loaf's 2 busy streets is the only semi-decent reason I've ever heard for why it's not on that side by now anyway. Putting it in the West lot to me has always made it seem like someone was trying to hide tailgating by putting it near the back door instead of highlighting it by the main entrance.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    I very much doubt that would happen. Then you would have a packed lot of tailgaters (and many walking in and out) adjacent to 2 busy streets (19th AND University) instead of adjacent to 1 busy street now (19th).
    I'm not sure this argument holds water...anyone crossing University is already crossing it somewhere. Then again I've always wanted a Team Shop in the "new BSA" that would be right across from where the tailgating occurs. I think that huge, open, connected lot would be a really cool experience walking around.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    It should've always been in the front of the dome. Loaf's 2 busy streets is the only semi-decent reason I've ever heard for why it's not on that side by now anyway. Putting it in the West lot to me has always made it seem like someone was trying to hide tailgating by putting it near the back door instead of highlighting it by the main entrance.
    That's the beauty of it! It's like most people's homes. All the guests come in the front door, but THE PEOPLE THAT LIVE THERE all come in through the side door, backdoor or garage door (my apologies to UNI)!

Well, there's that.................AND my seats are on the west side.

What's wrong with tailgating on the west?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

How about getting rid of the street that runs next to the west side of the dome, remove the grass birm and make some (more) parking lot entrances on the north and south side of the west lots? This would allow the addition of 100 to 200 parking spots.

Quote Originally Posted by sambini View Post
    I like the reserved spots and raise a little money for Team Makers.
    I agree...but wish the tailgating experience would be expanded. I believe the cost of expanding the tailgating hours would be paid for times over (more scholly dollars) if the powers would allow overnight parking, charging a fee for coming into the lot the night before a game and another fee if someone wanted to stay overnight the night of the game.