Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Tailgating Policy

Default Re: Football Tailgating Policy

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    The rules about alcohol at tailgating aren't the problem, the problem is the limited amount of space available. When over 2/3 of the places where you can tailgate are reserved there and there is still demand for spots to the point that there are cars lined up for blocks hours beforehand it's time to find more room. Now, that being said, I know just as well as everyone else here that after homecoming anyone will be able to show up at noon and find a space to park in the ga lot, but I don't think allowing tailgating in any dome lot counts as building your church for Easter Sunday when Easter Sunday becomes half of your Sunday's. Maybe move the student line so that it heads east instead of towards the west lot, move the reserved teammaker parking into the east lot, and add more tailgating in the south lot?

Something, anything, needs to be done not to change the rules or policies per se, but to allow for enough room for all of those who want to participate in the current system.

People will still flock to the west lot, but they won't need to camp overnight and everyone can find a home when the west lot does fill up.
    Well this makes entirely too much sense.

They blocked off the grassy area to west across 18th St from John Deere building yesterday, that might be a good overflow location and what about the grassy area west of Candlewood?

What time can we expect the lineup to begin friday night?

6:30 there will be a rv in line according to my sources.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

The only change I would kind of like is the let people that dont have a ticket for the game stay and watch the game in tailgate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbear99 View Post
    The only change I would kind of like is the let people that dont have a ticket for the game stay and watch the game in tailgate.
    That would be nice but security would be needed all the time outside. I am not sure how many security (police) stay outside currently during the game.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    That would be nice but security would be needed all the time outside. I am not sure how many security (police) stay outside currently during the game.
    At Montana we stayed and tailgated after the game. At one point a guy in a truck marked "security" drove up and and guy said he was head of security and thanked us for being the best most well behaved visiting fanbase he's even had the pleasure of working with. He said there were absolutely no issues he had to deal with that day. Then he drove away and we continued to tailgate. True Story.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    At Montana we stayed and tailgated after the game. At one point a guy in a truck marked "security" drove up and and guy said he was head of security and thanked us for being the best most well behaved visiting fanbase he's even had the pleasure of working with. He said there were absolutely no issues he had to deal with that day. Then he drove away and we continued to tailgate. True Story.
    Yes, this is very common...the 1 hour after sucks especially when it's nice out but it also doesn't ever really bother me I usually am ready yo go. I'd rather have an hour longer before and skip the hour after
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    6:30 there will be a rv in line according to my sources.
    I have heard 6:30 will not be early enough for Friday.

Wow, I have a reserved spot so I will be there at 9:00 AM Saturday. Suckers