Page 54 of 74 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Tailgating Policy

Default Re: Football Tailgating Policy

[QUOTE=56BISON73;1205645]
    Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Kolpack has an article on this
    http://www.inforum.com/sports/425218...ilgating-spots[/QUOTE

Just saw this. I think this last year I mentioned that more reserved spots might be available. There were many here that wanted reserved spots and didnt like dealing with the GA fiasco. Plus many others who dont visit here had requested reserved also. Now that more reserved are available some still arent happy.
    Unless you're old with no job on Friday or live within 10 min of the fargodome line at moments notice...taking away GA helps absolutely no one. Especially 250 of the 500 spots. I don't see a single beneficiary out of this especially when it's November and December when the lot is much less busy.

The rugby line was working and people were starting to get on the same page....now we're back to square 1.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I understand that.
    Do you? Why did your post completely ignore the other aspect of it then? We have been on the waiting list for reserved spots for a few years but I'm going to make a not too crazy guess and say we won't end up with them this year either. Now what? Too bad, so sad? How many people already don't bother trying to buy a rig or come with their vehicle to tailgating because they don't have freedom at work to ditch on a Friday for the line? At some point, Pat needs to stop the rhetoric and actually be a leader. They are taking care of their blue-collar fans? How? By cutting their available spots in half...again. I'm not even mad about them wanting to increase revenue, we'd gladly be willing to pay our fair share for reserved spots...

I can tell you this much, it's getting to the point where my commitment to tailgating and games on Saturday mornings in the fall is feeling shaky. If that's what they want, more power to them. I hope the vision(or lack thereof) they have doesn't end up biting the hand that feeds them. I'm not a big donor, so I get it, my opinion doesn't mean shit, but I grew up going to games...I've spent a ton of my life at NDSU on Saturdays.

Stop defending these kind of moves unless they are going to address the ENTIRE issue.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

I understand that.
    The problem with what they are doing is everything is based on points, somebody who has never once set foot in the massively long GA line can now jump over all of these people who wait hours for spots because they either have more points or know the right people who have the points. It is BS.

I think people would be cheering this if they had said we are taking 250 spots from the old GA area but are going to add 250 spots in some new area. Then see how everything goes with a small increase of tailgating....I know expansion is a touchy subject but I'm not sure I would have done anything if both issues couldn't be addressed.

Now a situation is being created where you are crapping on people who are very passionate and dedicated fans, who will have to fight for even fewer spots. It isn't right, the school needs to wake up in my opinion.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

NDSU is already losing their base, its happening right in front of these fools.

People have been beat down FOOTLOOSE style and its starting to show, I don't see the same excitement as 4-5 years ago.

Many more people having parties at home, or they walk thru the lots then goto a bar.

NDSU better wake the hell up, the status quo will not help the future.... especially the D2 Teammaker president and Stony Brook AD.

The 1st time you turn away a new group of tailgators, they will NOT come back and try again. #pathetic
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Do you? Why did your post completely ignore the other aspect of it then? We have been on the waiting list for reserved spots for a few years but I'm going to make a not too crazy guess and say we won't end up with them this year either. Now what? Too bad, so sad? How many people already don't bother trying to buy a rig or come with their vehicle to tailgating because they don't have freedom at work to ditch on a Friday for the line? At some point, Pat needs to stop the rhetoric and actually be a leader. They are taking care of their blue-collar fans? How? By cutting their available spots in half...again. I'm not even mad about them wanting to increase revenue, we'd gladly be willing to pay our fair share for reserved spots...

I can tell you this much, it's getting to the point where my commitment to tailgating and games on Saturday mornings in the fall is feeling shaky. If that's what they want, more power to them. I hope the vision(or lack thereof) they have doesn't end up biting the hand that feeds them. I'm not a big donor, so I get it, my opinion doesn't mean shit, but I grew up going to games...I've spent a ton of my life at NDSU on Saturdays.

Stop defending these kind of moves unless they are going to address the ENTIRE issue.
    First of all I dont have to address shit if I dont want to. Got it?

Youre yelling at the wrong guy. But what you and many are experiencing is the same that 100s of thousands experience every sat during the fall.
    As far as people buying rigs and cant get off work do you think this is a Fargo only issue? If so you have blinders on.

It is nice to know that now that you are older that you would NOW pay for reserved spots. I guess your vision for the future wasnt near as keen back when you wanted to be party central and reserved spots were available.. Of course you had great fun making fun of those who had reserved spots. Remember those days?

Fact is many here at BV who were in GA wanted reserved spots. Others wanted them also. So TM has now made them available. So why not wait and see how it works out before going nuclear?

FYI TM doesnt and cant make unilateral decisions when it comes to approving ETOH consumption with the expansion of tailgate parking.

Also you still can go to a FB game without tailgating. Thousands do so. If ETOH is a requirement there are bars right across the street.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The problem with what they are doing is everything is based on points, somebody who has never once set foot in the massively long GA line can now jump over all of these people who wait hours for spots because they either have more points or know the right people who have the points. It is BS.

I think people would be cheering this if they had said we are taking 250 spots from the old GA area but are going to add 250 spots in some new area. Then see how everything goes with a small increase of tailgating....I know expansion is a touchy subject but I'm not sure I would have done anything if both issues couldn't be addressed.

Now a situation is being created where you are crapping on people who are very passionate and dedicated fans, who will have to fight for even fewer spots. It isn't right, the school needs to wake up in my opinion.
    I think we should clarify something. People can always find a place to park for a FB game. The point in question is whether the area they park in is approved for ETOH consumption.

As far as crapping on the fans???? whose to say the people getting the reserved spots arent the same ones who would have been parking in the GA lot anyway?
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 04-18-2017 at 05:36 AM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Unless you're old with no job on Friday or live within 10 min of the fargodome line at moments notice...taking away GA helps absolutely no one. Especially 250 of the 500 spots. I don't see a single beneficiary out of this especially when it's November and December when the lot is much less busy. Everyone in my group is damn sick and tired of having to (sometimes) show up Friday evening to get in line and sleep in our cars. We'll hopefully be put of the GA line starting this year.

The rugby line was working and people were starting to get on the same page....now we're back to square 1.
    While I realize I'm probably in the minority of GA tailgaters but adding more reserved spots will help our group. Assuming we're able to get a few reserved spots this is something we've been trying to do for years but nothing has opened up.

We would've had reserved spots back when they were available but were part of another group back then that we had to split off from when the crowd got too big (which was after all reserved spots had been claimed).

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Post of the year!

First of all I dont have to address shit if I dont want to. Got it?

Youre yelling at the wrong guy. But what you and many are experiencing is the same that 100s of thousands experience every sat during the fall.
    As far as people buying rigs and cant get off work do you think this is a Fargo only issue? If so you have blinders on.

It is nice to know that now that you are older that you would NOW pay for reserved spots. I guess your vision for the future wasnt near as keen back when you wanted to be party central and reserved spots were available.. Of course you had great fun making fun of those who had reserved spots. Remember those days? [emoji3]

Fact is many here at BV who were in GA wanted reserved spots. Others wanted them also. So TM has now made them available. So why not wait and see how it works out before going nuclear?

FYI TM doesnt and cant make unilateral decisions when it comes to approving ETOH consumption with the expansion of tailgate parking.

Also you still can go to a FB game without tailgating. Thousands do so. If ETOH is a requirement there are bars right across the street.
    You have zero experience when it comes to the GA line besides driving by it Friday nights because you have nothing better to do so let me make it clearer..

People park in GA because they can, it makes it an inconvenience because it's cheaper, closer, open earlier than most lost that are near the dome. Those lots are r lot, John deere, the actual dome lot, across the 19th ave etc. If we cut out the fat there, many actual GA spots open up.

If you increase it from the dinky 5 dollars to 15 or 20 per spot, GA people would still pay that.

They already took half of the new lot and made it reserved in a matter of 3 years since they tore the trees down. Why kill any out of towners chances at bringing a rig up by reducing their now available spots in half? Lol

Yea sorry for being "party central". It totally sucks to have a place for anybody to go hang out including you and 99.9% of your tailgate group. What a stupid statement to make yourself feel better about your post

In the article I believe Simmers was quoted of saying "10,000" people tailgating. Well lets assume the vast majority of them have tickets for the game. Maybe like 9,000 of them. 4,000 students. That is 13,000 of the 18,500 crowd. Maybe just move tailgating to the east side of the dome in both lots. There are more spots over there and the non-tailgaters can park on the west side. No need for more parking spots. All tailgating spots reserved on the east side. Problem solved right?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.