Page 56 of 74 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Tailgating Policy

Default Re: Football Tailgating Policy

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Dude. It's a parking lot and my spot. The aisles are for driving not for your crap or group to spill out on.

Don't like it, move to Russia.
    This ^^^^^, I know people that for various reasons can't tailgate for 5 hours + a 3-4 hour game + time to get out of lot and home, they come a few hours before the game and have a good time, it is still a 6 hour ordeal when you look at the time spent at the game.

Trying to put everyone into one box on how they enjoy THEIR gameday is ridiculous. Heck try getting a babysitter for 9 hours on a Saturday for a baby or god forbid you have twins and you need to find someone to take care of 2 babies or toddlers. Some people are older and just can not "party" for 9 hours but they can for 5-6 hours. There are countless different situations that people have.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
    Why can't teammakers make an actual waiting list instead of using priority points?

I believe the correct answer is "Money talks and bullsh#t walks."
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    I believe the correct answer is "Money talks and bullsh#t walks."
    So then this line is also BS? "We're more than comfortable that we're taking care of our blue-collar fans because that's what we've been built on."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    This ^^^^^, I know people that for various reasons can't tailgate for 5 hours + a 3-4 hour game + time to get out of lot and home, they come a few hours before the game and have a good time, it is still a 6 hour ordeal when you look at the time spent at the game.

Trying to put everyone into one box on how they enjoy THEIR gameday is ridiculous. Heck try getting a babysitter for 9 hours on a Saturday for a baby or god forbid you have twins and you need to find someone to take care of 2 babies or toddlers. Some people are older and just can not "party" for 9 hours but they can for 5-6 hours. There are countless different situations that people have.
    Simple ...if you can't hang...ship them to the east side of the dome with the knitters and section 21

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post

I get that. Maybe flip the proposal around and close the lot to vehicles 90 min before game time instead of 90 min after the lot opens?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I get that. Maybe flip the proposal around and close the lot to vehicles 90 min before game time instead of 90 min after the lot opens?
    thhis, they have denied peolple in my group from entering the reserved lot with a damn pass an hour after tailgating started, i voiced my opinion on it but all i got was PR bullshit, paid for the right to enter and denied is wrong
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
    This is the part that drives me crazy. Why can't teammakers make an actual waiting list instead of using priority points? If someone has been tailgating for years and has requested reserved spots for years, why is it ok for someone to write a check to pass them in line? As long as those on the waiting list are going to pay the going rate for reserved spots (or tickets for that matter), then what's the big deal? Use the priority points for FBS or other away game tickets, championship game tickets, and switching seats requests, but it should not be the barometer of whether or not someone can get in the reserved lot/season tickets.

My opinion, but flame away
    Not flaming, because I respect your opinion, but you do know that NOT having a priority point system (and there was NOT one in place when we originally moved into the Dome) would actually make the ability to "buy your way in" over a long-time fan ................ even greater?

Indeed, I believe that you DO understand that concept inherently ............... because just the system that you describe here (one in which you go by how many times someone has been on a waiting list and made requests for tailgating spots) is, in fact, a type of priority system in and of itself.

It's only logical that someone would want to have a priority system in place, just as long as it is one that works the best for THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    They in fact have done this for some games with heavy foot traffic in tailgating.

When does football season start?
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Iowa State has many times the volume of tailgating and almost none of the issues you guys discuss constantly. CycloneFanatic.com has threads with people complaining about any and everything, but not tailgating. Seems like your administration could figure it out. Although, to be honest, I don't think Iowa State ever really "figured it out." They just built the stadium (and the buildings of the Iowa State Center in a flood plain east of campus, so there was plenty of parking to begin with. Still, I just can't believe that you guys can't figure it out. Even the die-hard tailgaters on BV can't seem to agree on an overall plan that works for everyone.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016