Page 55 of 74 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Tailgating Policy

Default Re: Football Tailgating Policy

There is two things that I would really like to see change in the reserved tailgating area is that the area is closed an hour/hour an half after it opens. There are times 3 hours after the lot open people come driving thru to get to their spots and there are way to many people and kids around. Get in your spot when the lot opens. I know there is a bus near us. The bus is stored in WF and some of the people in the bus live south of town about 10 miles. They are the last ones in their spot. No reason for this. I live 100 miles away and the guys that come with me are 140 miles away. We are in our spots 20 minutes after the lot opens. Other people have set up already and here they come. You have to move stuff to help them get in. If you have a bus get in line first or have just a bus line so they can get in first. The buses right next two us are great. I swear they are the first or second in line each week. Happy to have them as neighbors.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    There is two things that I would really like to see change in the reserved tailgating area is that the area is closed an hour/hour an half after it opens. There are times 3 hours after the lot open people come driving thru to get to their spots and there are way to many people and kids around. Get in your spot when the lot opens. I know there is a bus near us. The bus is stored in WF and some of the people in the bus live south of town about 10 miles. They are the last ones in their spot. No reason for this. I live 100 miles away and the guys that come with me are 140 miles away. We are in our spots 20 minutes after the lot opens. Other people have set up already and here they come. You have to move stuff to help them get in. If you have a bus get in line first or have just a bus line so they can get in first. The buses right next two us are great. I swear they are the first or second in line each week. Happy to have them as neighbors.
    One of the premises of reserved spots is not having to get to the lot early.

The buses can be a problem. Some schools have lots just for them but lets not open up another can of worms.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    One of the premises of reserved spots is not having to get to the lot early.

The buses can be a problem. Some schools have lots just for them but lets not open up another can of worms.
    There's a difference between not early and late. It's supposed to be tailgating not just reserved parking.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    There's a difference between not early and late. It's supposed to be tailgating not just reserved parking.
    For some it has morphed in to that thought. At the beginning one of the selling points was not having to get there early for a parking spot. Now some rail at those who do use it for that purpose.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Dude. It's a parking lot and my spot. The aisles are for driving not for your crap or group to spill out on.

Don't like it, move to Russia.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Can you buy just 1 reserved spot? Another thing TM could do is up the price and buy a minimum of 2. So GA can be 15 bucks a spot but you need to buy 2 so 30 minimum.

Another mind boggling idea...

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Do you? Why did your post completely ignore the other aspect of it then? We have been on the waiting list for reserved spots for a few years but I'm going to make a not too crazy guess and say we won't end up with them this year either. Now what? Too bad, so sad? How many people already don't bother trying to buy a rig or come with their vehicle to tailgating because they don't have freedom at work to ditch on a Friday for the line? At some point, Pat needs to stop the rhetoric and actually be a leader. They are taking care of their blue-collar fans? How? By cutting their available spots in half...again. I'm not even mad about them wanting to increase revenue, we'd gladly be willing to pay our fair share for reserved spots...

I can tell you this much, it's getting to the point where my commitment to tailgating and games on Saturday mornings in the fall is feeling shaky. If that's what they want, more power to them. I hope the vision(or lack thereof) they have doesn't end up biting the hand that feeds them. I'm not a big donor, so I get it, my opinion doesn't mean shit, but I grew up going to games...I've spent a ton of my life at NDSU on Saturdays.

Stop defending these kind of moves unless they are going to address the ENTIRE issue.
    This is the part that drives me crazy. Why can't teammakers make an actual waiting list instead of using priority points? If someone has been tailgating for years and has requested reserved spots for years, why is it ok for someone to write a check to pass them in line? As long as those on the waiting list are going to pay the going rate for reserved spots (or tickets for that matter), then what's the big deal? Use the priority points for FBS or other away game tickets, championship game tickets, and switching seats requests, but it should not be the barometer of whether or not someone can get in the reserved lot/season tickets.

My opinion, but flame away

Quote Originally Posted by 80ALUM View Post
    Serious question. Are there people who tailgate in general admission that are only there to tailgate and have no intent on going to the game? I feel like having more reserved spots will ensure that those who are tailgating are also going to the game since they will be people who already have season tickets.
    I brought that point up a few years ago and got shouted down because there were people who didnt have FB tickets and we just couldnt deny them the tailgate experience.
    I guess we must be all things to all people and nobody can be inconvenienced or left out for any reason what so ever..

But Im all for having people with tickets getting the spots.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Can you buy just 1 reserved spot? Another thing TM could do is up the price and buy a minimum of 2. So GA can be 15 bucks a spot but you need to buy 2 so 30 minimum.

Another mind boggling idea...
    The spots started out as a minimum of 2. Dont know if or how it changed.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    The spots started out as a minimum of 2.
    Maybe doing the same in GA will help out but we'd probably need to keep the all 500.