Page 50 of 74 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Tailgating Policy

Default Re: Football Tailgating Policy

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    That's kind of what I mean. I think we here are all a community. If you want to walk around, you can. If you want to plant, you can.

I often cannot get around to see all the people I want to.
    If you want to walk around, there is definitely no issue. If a person wants to set up and have a group together, that can be an issue (if they can't get a spot). Many groups already are full with their own members...they might not be able to accommodate another tailgating group joining in. I know when TSCF tailgates he usually has his kids, parents, brother(s), and college friends.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

I do have to say that it is obviously easier for those of you with reserved spots to see this as a positive step for NDSU. No skin in the game makes it hard to feel empathy.

I will say this, we have been tailgating for 10 years. Every frickin game. Been lining up the night before and at noon on Fridays for way too damn long now(but whatever if that's what it takes to get in the lot, fine) but when some have the gall to suggest that we should just buy reserved spots that sort pisses me off. We have been trying to get reserved spots for many years. Unfortunately we don't have enough points. We donate and have had season tickets for all those years but when someone else can just write a check and jump you, you can't help but feel a little dejected. Don't get me started on the assholes that buy spots just to park - (yeah yeah differences of opinion I get it)

Tailgating is what grew our group from 4 to 22. All now season ticket holders that weren't even really interested in going to the games before, but we convinced them to come tailgate and attend a few games and the camaraderie and atmosphere of a great tailgate followed by watching the Bison on the field was a great sales pitch. We have two custom trailers and untold amounts of time and dollars put into our tailgate because we love it so much. To know that there would be a chance that someday we wouldn't get in the lot is hard to swallow. Just as those who joined the herd because of the gateway which is tailgating, there are those that will leave when that opportunity ceases to exists.

/rant

Is this policy change somehow creating more tailgaters? Is it somehow reducing the total capacity of the tailgate areas?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    and who doesn't know someone in the west lot? As unlikable as I have been known to be, I have had plenty of places to stop and chat with people.
    I don't. I am the person in the west lot that my friends meet up at. Last year I got into town around 10:00PM and got in line. It was always stressful to try and get even 4 spots next to each other. fuck anyone who gets reserved spots just to park
    Hail Hydra.

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I do have to say that it is obviously easier for those of you with reserved spots to see this as a positive step for NDSU. No skin in the game makes it hard to feel empathy.

I will say this, we have been tailgating for 10 years. Every frickin game. Been lining up the night before and at noon on Fridays for way too damn long now(but whatever if that's what it takes to get in the lot, fine) but when some have the gall to suggest that we should just buy reserved spots that sort pisses me off. We have been trying to get reserved spots for many years. Unfortunately we don't have enough points. We donate and have had season tickets for all those years but when someone else can just write a check and jump you, you can't help but feel a little dejected. Don't get me started on the assholes that buy spots just to park - (yeah yeah differences of opinion I get it)

Tailgating is what grew our group from 4 to 22. All now season ticket holders that weren't even really interested in going to the games before, but we convinced them to come tailgate and attend a few games and the camaraderie and atmosphere of a great tailgate followed by watching the Bison on the field was a great sales pitch. We have two custom trailers and untold amounts of time and dollars put into our tailgate because we love it so much. To know that there would be a chance that someday we wouldn't get in the lot is hard to swallow. Just as those who joined the herd because of the gateway which is tailgating, there are those that will leave when that opportunity ceases to exists.

/rant
    But can't you just walk with a cooler? people do it, it should be good enough for you
    Hail Hydra.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Is this policy change somehow creating more tailgaters? Is it somehow reducing the total capacity of the tailgate areas?
    I would say it will definitely reduce the capacity for tailgaters because you will now have people with enough points or deep enough pockets to buy points that will grab up some of these spots that didn't take up any spots before. Either they didn't want to deal with GA lines or the craziness of not knowing where they would be from week to week etc. There are many reasons why someone who did not use the GA lot before would now buy spots.So in a sense, yes it will reduce the tailgating capacity by increasing the number of spot owners.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I would say it will definitely reduce the capacity for tailgaters because you will now have people with enough points or deep enough pockets to buy points that will grab up some of these spots that didn't take up any spots before. Either they didn't want to deal with GA lines or the craziness of not knowing where they would be from week to week etc. There are many reasons why someone who did not use the GA lot before would now buy spots.So in a sense, yes it will reduce the tailgating capacity by increasing the number of spot owners.
    Will that not lead long term to more spots being taken up and thus lead to the increased demand and for teammakers to expand the lots that tailgaiting is allowed in and thus increase the overall numbers available and that is what people want long term anyway.

So...How do we request these additional reserved spots?
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Question-------

Lets say TM gets approval to open up another Tailgate lot. The lot is across the street from the BBF but it would allow ETOH. Would that be satisfactory?

Yes or No.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    So...How do we request these additional reserved spots?
    Contact Helena?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."