Page 51 of 74 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Tailgating Policy

Default Re: Football Tailgating Policy

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    So...How do we request these additional reserved spots?
    Renewal sheet via mail I got mine 2 days ago, you have 3 options to choose from

or are you new and dont currently hold spots?
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Question-------

Lets say TM gets approval to open up another Tailgate lot. The lot is across the street from the BBF but it would allow ETOH. Would that be satisfactory?

Yes or No.
    Yes. (See how easy that is?)

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Or those that say want to tailgate 2 or 3 games a year. There are those fans out there and would like to do their own rig because they have friends coming in that weekend. I get where TSCF is coming from and I get what PL is saying. I personally don't drink so I can tailgate anywhere but if I had buddies that did want to drink then they'd have to walk in. For some people they probably say thanks but no thanks and only go to the game perhaps...

I'll state it this way the setup prevents it becoming bigger than it is which is good for City of Fargo/FPD/anti-alcohol folks, bad for NDSU name brand and creating something that raises their recognition in the college football/athletics world. If NDSU is serious about going FBS the restrictions on this type of stuff is going to cramp them a bit... imo. So bad that it really hurts probably not but they have to recognize the "opportunity" here to make this splash I guess you could say?

Since I don't really tailgate hardly ever, kids and time just don't make it reasonable, or I'm just not that diehard to tailgate . I just like walking around once or twice a year to see whats new and crazy! But maybe I would more if there was a place to set up where there would be people next to us doing the same. The east lot gets a few but it's usually like a church service over there on gameday. That said though I don't feel screwed so much though...

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Renewal sheet via mail I got mine 2 days ago, you have 3 options to choose from

or are you new and dont currently hold spots?
    new.........
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    new.........
    Helena then, but i assume some sort of release will come out after the renwals are all sent in so they know whats open and how many
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Contact Helena?
    Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Helena then, but i assume some sort of release will come out after the renwals are all sent in so they know whats open and how many

Done...Thanks!
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Here's my problem. Our tailgating group has 16 tickets between 3. One of those also had basketball tickets and we have one other with both, but I don't know how many seats they have. The 4 of us who have the seats in our names, plus some others, have been teammakers for a few years, are alumni and give more then our seats now require (none of our seats required it until 2 years ago), but nobody in our group has more than probably 60 priority points so when we emailed Helena about these spots we were told they we're "pretty far down the list". To me that's a way of saying that we're not getting spots. We're in the ga lot every week, for the last two years someone has been in line every Friday afternoon to make sure we get to that same spot each week.

This expansion of the reserved spots without expanding ga does screw us because we now have 4 bad choices:

1. One of our local guys have to get in line even earlier because nobody else in our position that tailgates in ga today is getting reserved spots either so yes this reduces supply even though it increases revenue so that line isn't getting any shorter.

2. We adapt PL's walk about idea. This basically breaks our group up and as far as in concerned defeats the whole purpose of tailgating.

3. We go with TSCF's route and host an illegal tailgate in a different route and risk the dome nazis and being the ones who ruin chances at real expansion for everyone.

4. We say to hell with it if our money isn't good enough for a spot. Teddy would love for us to come before games like we do after or Pete is going to have a big investment to pay off so we could do our part to help with that too.

I've got no problem with expanding reserved spaces if it's truly an expansion of tailgating. This change is really a reduction being sold as an expansion because it will bring in more guaranteed money though, and since it will force out the little guys and casual fans alike I have a really hard time supporting it.

And yes, PL, I would accept expanded tailgating near the BBF because it would show they there is at least an attempt being made to accommodate everyone who wants to tailgate by finding a way to give them the opportunity somewhere.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    Here's my problem. Our tailgating group has 16 tickets between 3. One of those also had basketball tickets and we have one other with both, but I don't know how many seats they have. The 4 of us who have the seats in our names, plus some others, have been teammakers for a few years, are alumni and give more then our seats now require (none of our seats required it until 2 years ago), but nobody in our group has more than probably 60 priority points so when we emailed Helena about these spots we were told they we're "pretty far down the list". To me that's a way of saying that we're not getting spots. We're in the ga lot every week, for the last two years someone has been in line every Friday afternoon to make sure we get to that same spot each week.

This expansion of the reserved spots without expanding ga does screw us because we now have 4 bad choices:

1. One of our local guys have to get in line even earlier because nobody else in our position that tailgates in ga today is getting reserved spots either so yes this reduces supply even though it increases revenue so that line isn't getting any shorter.

2. We adapt PL's walk about idea. This basically breaks our group up and as far as in concerned defeats the whole purpose of tailgating.

3. We go with TSCF's route and host an illegal tailgate in a different route and risk the dome nazis and being the ones who ruin chances at real expansion for everyone.

4. We say to hell with it if our money isn't good enough for a spot. Teddy would love for us to come before games like we do after or Pete is going to have a big investment to pay off so we could do our part to help with that too.

I've got no problem with expanding reserved spaces if it's truly an expansion of tailgating. This change is really a reduction being sold as an expansion because it will bring in more guaranteed money though, and since it will force out the little guys and casual fans alike I have a really hard time supporting it.

And yes, PL, I would accept expanded tailgating near the BBF because it would show they there is at least an attempt being made to accommodate everyone who wants to tailgate by finding a way to give them the opportunity somewhere.

Even though some here poo poo it and rail that nothing is being done there are efforts to expand tailgating. But there is resistance from the entities that have to sign off on it. But from what I understand the resistance gets weaker every year. In time it will happen. Just dont get caught up in all the drama of which you have no control over.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Even though some here poo poo it and rail that nothing is being done there are efforts to expand tailgating. But there is resistance from the entities that have to sign off on it. But from what I understand the resistance gets weaker every year. In time it will happen.
    We keep hearing that, and what continues to be frustrating is that's all it is. We hear rumblings, mostly from you, about these Fargo illuminati groups who hate tailgating that need convincing and have you approve any change, but we don't know exactly who they are or what their exact objections are. Then we don't see any changes and that combination makes it look a lot like nothing is happening.

Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    We keep hearing that, and what continues to be frustrating is that's all it is. We hear rumblings, mostly from you, about these Fargo illuminati groups who hate tailgating that need convincing and have you approve any change, but we don't know exactly who they are or what their exact objections are. Then we don't see any changes and that combination makes it look a lot like nothing is happening.

Sorry I cant help with all that. All I can do is tell you what Ive been told. Nobody said this was going to happen overnight.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."