Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Benchwarmers tackle our intro music

Default The Benchwarmers tackle our intro music

The Benchwarmers had a topic that might strike home for a lot of people: Should NDSU change the intro song from THUNDERSTRUCK to something else?

And, bonus, what should NDSU should change it to?

Default Re: The Benchwarmers tackle our intro music

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    The Benchwarmers had a topic that might strike home for a lot of people: Should NDSU change the intro song from THUNDERSTRUCK to something else?

And, bonus, what should NDSU should change it to?
    Remember when we changed to yellow jerseys?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I love Thundarstruck, and it obviously plays well with our mascot, but I'm only one opinion and in life we sometimes need to change.

How long is the ideal intro song? There are many great songs with powerful beginnings. Sticking with ACDC, "Are you ready" has an awesome intro but loses steam before the one minute mark. So I presume something with a longer run would be desirable?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIhylLW4Fcs

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    I love Thundarstruck, and it obviously plays well with our mascot, but I'm only one opinion and in life we sometimes need to change.

How long is the ideal intro song? There are many great songs with powerful beginnings. Sticking with ACDC, "Are you ready" has an awesome intro but loses steam before the one minute mark. So I presume something with a longer run would be desirable?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIhylLW4Fcs
    Good point on timing. For that reason I would go with For Whom The Bell Tolls by Metallica. A wide age group would love it and it's older than Thunderstruck. No vocals for 2 minutes. The bell gives me goose bumps and the somg is timeless

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

That's good. I like the longer intro which I think is needed.

Let's keep the ideas coming!

I love this one for the opening line only...
    "We left for Frisco in the Rambler"
    Maybe an exit mix repeating the intro and opening line would be appropriate for fill in music at that point in the game where we're just kicking ass!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbVU4ogV66E

One of my friends plays the music at our HS football games so I suggested he plays this after the coin flip, and that went over well...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_JF8oSxXtM

I find it slightly humorous, that the only acceptable replacements that have been offered so far are also classic rock songs.

There Hass to be something fresher out there. We complain about game day atmosphere and how times have changed in what fans want when they go to a football game and I have to assume not many are crazy guitar licks from 1984.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m all for a change as long as it’s a song that is universally appreciated. I’m not a big fan of country or hip hop but there are a few undeniably great ones out there, though I’m not sure they would lend themselves well to intro music.

I used to think Thunderstruck was one of those universally loved songs, but maybe I’m wrong.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I find it slightly humorous, that the only acceptable replacements that have been offered so far are also classic rock songs.

There Hass to be something fresher out there. We complain about game day atmosphere and how times have changed in what fans want when they go to a football game and I have to assume not many are crazy guitar licks from 1984.

Newer isnt better

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I’m all for a change as long as it’s a song that is universally appreciated. I’m not a big fan of country or hip hop but there are a few undeniably great ones out there, though I’m not sure they would lend themselves well to intro music.

I used to think Thunderstruck was one of those universally loved songs, but maybe I’m wrong.
    Country or hip hop would be so bad, I would avoid the intro.. No goat roper music

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post

I'm not gonna poop poo on anyone's idea, but I think a better approach is to post up a realistic alternative ?

Most of my influence is classic rock so I'm at a disadvantage coming up with something else.