Page 26 of 74 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Tailgating Policy

Default Re: Football Tailgating Policy

So will their be stories and tweets about the tailgating lines next week like there was for the und game? Even though the lines will be just as long.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    So will their be stories and tweets about the tailgating lines next week like there was for the und game? Even though the lines will be just as long.
    No the lines for the UN_ game were longer remember they are our rival. Did you not get the message from the media that was hyping it all week. purple
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I had a couple of thoughts about your post.

1. My camping idea is to compliment the tailgating experience. We like our parties here and I am just wondering if there is interest in turning the 6 home games, or at least 4 while the weather is still somewhat moderate, into a weekend event. The immediate F/M area also has limited camping all summer, so my idea has goal of fulfilling a couple of objectives. The couple of campgrounds currently in the area are consistently overbooked, flooded until June, or an hour away in the lakes area. There probably is a need for one more campground in the area, if it is done right. The fall home game event filled weekends would be a bonus if there was interest. I am just curious if there is interest because that is a major reason why I would want to start securing financing from the couple of people I know with the money to make it happen.

2. I kind of disagree with the statement the system doesn't work. It isn't like it is a terrible system, it is just a system still in its infancy. They are still trying to figure out how to do it and do it right. There probably is a concern not to piss off the old guard in all of this, but there is also a culture here to move slowly with change and try to do it right the first time. I remember growing up and the shithole up north was putting the bridge over the train tracks to connect the north and south parts of columbia avenue. People said GF did it too quickly and didn't put in enough lanes. Fargo would have taken another 5 years to do the project but would have had enough lanes when it opened. That is kind of the mindset that goes on here with everything. It takes this community forever to move on a project but when they do it, it generally is done right with the least amount of effort. Then when the time comes to adapt to growth, there is only one change required instead of 6. It is frustrating, but eventually everything catches up. I give Fargo credit that when they do something, very rarely is something outdated when they are finished and they have built in a long life span into their projects. I have seen other communities and colleges rush to meet changes, underestimate long term demand, and have to play catch-up a lot sooner than they would like. So the short story is the tailgating will get worked out and when it does, it will be a lasting solution which will make most people happy for a long time. The couple of years of misery will be forgotten.

Okay, maybe I'm just taking the complaints on this board too seriously. It just doesn't seem right that you guys aren't singing the praises of your tailgate situation. You are fantastic tailgaters. And we have seen in Ames how big tailgating can be and how well it can be run with fairly minimal regulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Homecoming is always full. The following week will be a test based on the opponent and Pheasant Season fully open. Any bit of bad weather on the 17th will mean plenty of open spaces.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Homecoming is always full. The following week will be a test based on the opponent and Pheasant Season fully open. Any bit of bad weather on the 17th will mean plenty of open spaces.
    This is exactly why I think a very simple, middle of the road solution would be an overflow lot somewhere, probably grass. When attendance drops, you don't need to use it.

Default Re: Football Tailgating Policyl

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Why would people park that far out? I guess I agree it's somewhat stupid they got tickets if they actually weren't on the plots themselves, but only takes one idiot to ruin a portion of the plots some of those aren't real large areas.

What irked me is they cut off access to the grass lot just west of JD building, north of the Rugby fields. Nothing there but grass. By time we usually show up all the pay lots in this area are filled, and this grass lot allows us easy access to get on 19th and go west as we live in Hillsboro. Surprisingly the R lot was jammed full even with the new extension on it. Not necessarily about free parking for me it's more of having the ability to go north and west which I can't out of anything east of Albrecht is tough. Option to park in NDSCS lot or the NE corner of the East lot, but we like to walk thru tailgating, plus our seats are on the west side of the dome. So it's a pain both sides of the game there. Might try out the lots west of the high rises little farther than grass lots but not that bad if you cut around Newman.
    Yeah we always park there too- but on the paved street- which we did this game too- on the street- we came in on Dakota Drive then the gravel back roads to get there- no signs and the cop actually told us that we were OK to park there. Then we got a ticket. Appealing it but it's like talking to a wall over there- they sent us pics of a street showing a no parking sign but it isn't the street we parked on!! what is with these people!!

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    This is exactly why I think a very simple, middle of the road solution would be an overflow lot somewhere, probably grass. When attendance drops, you don't need to use it.
    Or, even simpler yet...keep everything EXACTLY the same as it is now, except you charge 20 bucks a spot for the west GA lot for the first 3 home games of the season and 10 bucks a spot for the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by pwbnd View Post
    Or, even simpler yet...keep everything EXACTLY the same as it is now, except you charge 20 bucks a spot for the west GA lot for the first 3 home games of the season and 10 bucks a spot for the rest of the year.
    Hey how about those grass lots straight west of the dome that they used to let people park in... until the last few weeks- there's an idea!

I doubt increasing the price will make much of a difference for those high demand games, which is why it is even sillier that they are not doing it!

I prefer the idea of making the paved lots all reserved and then using a grassy area for GA.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.