Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 LastLast

Thread: Football Tailgating Policy

Default Re: Football Tailgating Policy

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    *north entrance* shhhhhhhhh don't tell anyone else.
    We attended the first event held at the Prudential Center in Newark (a Bon Jovi concert) and they had people outside telling patrons there were shorter lines at the other entrances when nearly everyone got off the train and just went to the closest one.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Just a rumor to me, but heard that the price for parking at the Fargodome is going to $10. Also heard that the price of tailgating will go up. I chuckle at this as many many years ago when the Fargodome was charging $ 3 to park and the Alerus Center was at $5 and said the Fargodome was uncharging...

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Just a rumor to me, but heard that the price for parking at the Fargodome is going to $10. Also heard that the price of tailgating will go up. I chuckle at this as many many years ago when the Fargodome was charging $ 3 to park and the Alerus Center was at $5 and said the Fargodome was uncharging...
    Wouldn't be surprising... I feel like it's been around 15 years since parking prices for dome lots (including the tailgate lots) went up but I may be wrong.

Will also be interesting to see season ticket prices this year... we keep bleeding attendance but season tickets have stayed flat since the 2020 season I believe - now they've got UND and SDSU at home next year plus Tennessee St and the Return of Roehl in the OOC part of the schedule. Then you've got a new HC breathing some excitement into the program to go with a ton of returning players holding the momentum from the end of the 2023 season.

I wonder if the rise in pricing will mean the lots will be even emptier than they have been the last couple years. I can't believe they managed to screw up the tailgating scene we used to have.

AlumniGreen is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There is a lot of penny-wise and pound foolish attitude at tailgating and football attendance issues. Athletics should "give a little" and keep things as affordable as possible. Losing fans either at tailgating or in the games just has a spiral effect and affects donations, and other dynamics. It seemed to me like there is a rigid thinking in the Athletic Dept.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I wonder if the rise in pricing will mean the lots will be even emptier than they have been the last couple years. I can't believe they managed to screw up the tailgating scene we used to have.
    I think the main factor screwed up the tailgating was apathy. However, the prices inside the dome did not help, that is for sure. There are a lot of folks like me who have season tickets but don't live in Fargo. The way attendance has been, I could easily drop those seats, and buy decent seats when needed and probably come out ahead. They crank the price further, I'm going to have to think long and hard on what I do. It was what I always did for years, and only got the season tickets due to the pandemic crushing demand.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I think the main factor screwed up the tailgating was apathy. However, the prices inside the dome did not help, that is for sure. There are a lot of folks like me who have season tickets but don't live in Fargo. The way attendance has been, I could easily drop those seats, and buy decent seats when needed and probably come out ahead. They crank the price further, I'm going to have to think long and hard on what I do. It was what I always did for years, and only got the season tickets due to the pandemic crushing demand.
    Apathy has some to do with it sure but to me the biggest factor was reserving the entire lot and not realizing that 60% of the new reserved space holders would only use their spots once a year or for close parking for games.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Apathy has some to do with it sure but to me the biggest factor was reserving the entire lot and not realizing that 60% of the new reserved space holders would only use their spots once a year or for close parking for games.
    Solid point. I got no arguments on that. Cash cow so tough to stop now since they have GA tailgating by the softball field. I guess I'm cheap, but I always sell my passes when not attending. Wish more would do the same.

Then dont bitch If demand gets hot again and you cant get tickets. Like you did the last time. Either you support the program or you dont????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Speaking of season tickets, I got a called from Gary M. of the ticket office informing me that I've been moved to the other side of the field (from Section 15 to sect. 32. The reason given was that the powers that be wanted to give more seating back to the students......hmmmm . Anyway, I'm not pissed because, where I was at, I had to kick students out of my 4 seats almost every home game. They've given me almost identical seats, just on the other side of the field........no big deal.