Page 19 of 74 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Tailgating Policy

Default Re: Football Tailgating Policy

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    We have a winner!!!!!!

As far as raising rates people said the same thing when the reserved lot first started. Its a sellout now and people cant get in and they have raised the rates from 75.00 a spot to 120.00 I think. IF people dont want to pay the price they may have to park further from the dome. Thats the way it works most places.

Raise the rates in the ga lot and you wont have groups taking up a huge amount of spaces which will allow more people to park there.
    So, just so I understand, NDSU is doing this exactly how everyone should be doing this, and no room for improvement? Just want to make sure I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    So, just so I understand, NDSU is doing this exactly how everyone should be doing this, and no room for improvement? Just want to make sure I understand.
    It's not entirely up to NDSU. FPD is a partner in the security portion of this. That's a big reason why opening up additional lots hasn't gotten a lot of traction. Not having enough room is a minor issue for a couple games per year. Somebody said sell the South half of the West lot as reserved too. That's an option that quite a few people would like and many would really hate. I do like the idea of numbering that lot and selling the spots online every week. Print out your receipt and show up when the lots open.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    It's not entirely up to NDSU. FPD is a partner in the security portion of this. That's a big reason why opening up additional lots hasn't gotten a lot of traction. Not having enough room is a minor issue for a couple games per year. Somebody said sell the South half of the West lot as reserved too. That's an option that quite a few people would like and many would really hate. I do like the idea of numbering that lot and selling the spots online every week. Print out your receipt and show up when the lots open.
    I completely agree. I admit I was being a little sarcastic. I love the great information PL provides. He is connected is accurate in what he states even if I usually disagree with the policy. However, it does seem to me there is a disconnect of how bad it has gotten for GA tailgating. I FULLY support raising rates and maybe making the entire West lot reserved. However, you need to have some GA tailgating further out if you do that or it is a pretty rough way to treat loyal fans. And NOT everybody did get in last week. If they wanted to set up a tailgate, they had to break the rules. I think that is a bad way to treat people who are loyal fans, and maybe even donors which is why I disagree so passionately about this.

I hear that all of this is choice, etc, but like others state, you need to keep growing this beast. That will also help keep the lot full on those cold days later in the year. Also, I have very much tried to get reserved spots, and I am sure many others did as well, and we can't get them.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    [/B]If you ga people want change why not you folks request that the ga lot be turned in to a reserved lot. Show TM you will pony up the money like the other reserved folks.
    Our group has 5 teamakers in it (2 @30+ years and 3 @ 5+ years). We may not be the highest level donors, but we've made investments in the program for sure. We have spoken directly with several members of teammakers leadership on three occasions in the past two years asking about the possibility of increasing the supply of reserved spots. To their credit, their response has been pretty consistent each time...(and I'm paraphrasing here) we have to leave some spots GA so there's room for visiting teams fans and the occasional tailgater.

Since that seems to be their consistent stance, our suggestion has been (DURING TIMES WHEN DEMAND IS HIGH) to: A) raise the price of GA spots to reduce demand (waste), B) increase the supply of spots that allow tailgating with alcohol, or C) both. Unfortunately our suggestions seem to fall on deaf ears each time.

It's easy for those with reserved spots to say this is no big deal...no one is making us get in line. I respectfully disagree on both points. If we don't get in line early, our choice is either risk not being able to tailgate or break the rules and risk being kicked out and losing access to an event we care about very much....not much of a choice.

I can't get over the feeling that GA tailgaters are being treated as second class citizens. Many of us are teammakers, alumni, and former athletes who have made significant investments in both our tailgating setups and the NDSU athletics programs. From where we sit, it appears that there are relatively simple solutions out there that would alleviate many of our concerns (during times where demand exceeds supply), but the powers that be seem content to maintain the status quo. Therein lies our frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by pwbnd View Post
    Our group has 5 teamakers in it (2 @30+ years and 3 @ 5+ years). We may not be the highest level donors, but we've made investments in the program for sure. We have spoken directly with several members of teammakers leadership on three occasions in the past two years asking about the possibility of increasing the supply of reserved spots. To their credit, their response has been pretty consistent each time...(and I'm paraphrasing here) we have to leave some spots GA so there's room for visiting teams fans and the occasional tailgater.

Since that seems to be their consistent stance, our suggestion has been (DURING TIMES WHEN DEMAND IS HIGH) to: A) raise the price of GA spots to reduce demand (waste), B) increase the supply of spots that allow tailgating with alcohol, or C) both. Unfortunately our suggestions seem to fall on deaf ears each time.

It's easy for those with reserved spots to say this is no big deal...no one is making us get in line. I respectfully disagree on both points. If we don't get in line early, our choice is either risk not being able to tailgate or break the rules and risk being kicked out and losing access to an event we care about very much....not much of a choice.

I can't get over the feeling that GA tailgaters are being treated as second class citizens. Many of us are teammakers, alumni, and former athletes who have made significant investments in both our tailgating setups and the NDSU athletics programs. From where we sit, it appears that there are relatively simple solutions out there that would alleviate many of our concerns (during times where demand exceeds supply), but the powers that be seem content to maintain the status quo. Therein lies our frustration.
    I could never have stated it this eloquently. Reps to you.

Face it, NDSU doesn't care about you or this situation. Time for people to drop their donations and when NDSU finally starts asking why tell them. The idiots in charge don't give a crap because they have all the perks.

Our group used to line up early when the entire West lot was GA. We put in for reserved spots when they implemented that on the North half. I'm surprised you didn't get reserved spots with over 30 years of Team Maker Membership. Right now, Team Makers gets ZERO from the GA part of the lot as the $5 goes to the Fargodome. Increasing this to $10 or $15 would be reasonable IMO. I really don't know the logistics or cost of opening up additional areas. I do know that, in the event that ever was done, ONE incident would kill it for a very long time. As it stands now, there's a track record that gives some room if there was ever a problem.

Our group used to line up early when the entire West lot was GA. We put in for reserved spots when they implemented that on the North half. I'm surprised you didn't get reserved spots with over 30 years of Team Maker Membership. Right now, Team Makers gets ZERO from the GA part of the lot as the $5 goes to the Fargodome. Increasing this to $10 or $15 would be reasonable IMO. I really don't know the logistics or cost of opening up additional areas. I do know that, in the event that ever was done, ONE incident would kill it for a very long time. As it stands now, there's a track record that gives some room if there was ever a problem.
    I don't understand this, at all. They have a track record today that will protect them as long as there isn't 10% more reserved tailgating. But the second Teammakers gets another marginal dollar that all goes out the window? Are we talking about more tailgating or a larger reserved tailgating section or both? In any case I'm not sure why all the goodwill would go out the window the second there's an expansion? Seems to me that in the event there's ever an issue the nanny's will either get their way or they won't.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I don't understand this, at all. They have a track record today that will protect them as long as there isn't 10% more reserved tailgating. But the second Teammakers gets another marginal dollar that all goes out the window? Are we talking about more tailgating or a larger reserved tailgating section or both? In any case I'm not sure why all the goodwill would go out the window the second there's an expansion? Seems to me that in the event there's ever an issue the nanny's will either get their way or they won't.
    And, to pile on, this is why I would like to hear publicly, who these people are who must think this way. If they a elected officials, they need to held to account for their actions if they cannot be convinced of the error of their ways.

I'm surprised you didn't get reserved spots with over 30 years of Team Maker Membership. Right
    We were too. I know for sure that at least one of our 30ish year teammakers put in when they opened up the north half for reserved. I don't know what his level of support has been over those years, but it's been consistent. I also put in, but have only been a teammaker for 6 years (and I'm far from a high roller!). I wasn't at all surprised that I didn't make the cut.