Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Satter to the HOF!

Default Re: Satter to the HOF!

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Is it the NCAA HOF like Mike Favor or the Bison HOF?
    Either way well deserved. I was in high school back in those days but I remember Satter better than anyone. Cannot believe he didn't make an NFL roster. I think the Jets signed him if I recall?
    Had all the right moves but not NFL speed.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Most exciting back I ever saw play for the Bison! His ability to cut on a dime and change direction at full speed was unreal! What did he average, around 10 yards per carry! When he got the ball everyone stood up because you didnt want to miss somthing special!

Notorious is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If you didn't see him play in person, it's hard to understand how good he was. He was maybe a 4.6-4.7 guy, but had every other tool to be a 10-12 year NFL back. I still think that given the opportunity, he could've been very solid...an Emmitt Smith "type" guy.

Still #1 back in NDSU history. Congrats, Tony!

"Bisonville Poster of the Year - 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012"

"Hustler Man of the Year - 2011 & 2012"

"1977 Pinewood Derby Champion - Southwestern North Dakota"

"Chub's Pub & 4-10 Club Hall of Fame - 2012

"Voted Biggest DICK on Bisonville"

Bisonfan1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    One of my favorite running backs to watch...well deserved...much better selection than last year.
    AGREED !! Back then everyone didnt stand up just because Satter got the ball, everyone was allready standing !! Those teams were the best ever to watch, they could turn a game on a dime . Tony still has the moves, he slices and dices his way through our tailgate every Saturday. Congrats Tony.
    West Lot Champions - 2008 Bison Pride Award/2009 Best Set-Up & Fan Favorite/ 2010 Fan Favorite / 2011 Fan Favorite - TOHBTC

Congrats, Tony.
    I remember that it seemed he never had anyone within 10 yards of him when he crossed the goal line. I think it had to do with our dive back and QB sucking in the entire defense and Tony getting the pitch with nothing but green in front of him. It was a thing of beauty and well deserved!
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    If you didn't see him play in person, it's hard to understand how good he was. He was maybe a 4.6-4.7 guy, but had every other tool to be a 10-12 year NFL back. I still think that given the opportunity, he could've been very solid...an Emmitt Smith "type" guy.

Still #1 back in NDSU history. Congrats, Tony!
    He always reminded me of Tony Dorsett.

Tony Satter would have been an All-American at any level, despite his perceived lack of speed. The thing about him is that his pad speed was the same as his 40 speed, he did not have to slow down to make his cuts, he had great field vision, and he used his eyes and head to fake people out, similar to a no-look pass in basketball. He knew a defender was coming from the side, he would act like he didn't, and when the defender came in to level him off, he would cut away at the last second. Someone link us to his long run in our 88 NC game, and you will see exactly what I mean.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

So, let me get this straight:

Perhaps one of the most dominating and decorated running backs in NDSU history, who even happens to be from Fargo if I remember correctly, took 11 years after being done playing to be inducted? Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Is it the NCAA HOF like Mike Favor or the Bison HOF?
    Either way well deserved. I was in high school back in those days but I remember Satter better than anyone. Cannot believe he didn't make an NFL roster. I think the Jets signed him if I recall?
    I think it was the Giants. I believe he came very close to making the permanent roster. A muffed punt at the end of the preseason might have been the final straw.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    So, let me get this straight:

Perhaps one of the most dominating and decorated running backs in NDSU history, who even happens to be from Fargo if I remember correctly, took 11 years after being done playing to be inducted? Am I missing something?
    You mean 21 years, right--he finished in 1990. There is a mandatory wait period, which I think is 15 years--I'll check and get back to you.

Also, it took him one less year than me to get in , if that says anything.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

GradBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    He always reminded me of Tony Dorsett.

Tony Satter would have been an All-American at any level, despite his perceived lack of speed. The thing about him is that his pad speed was the same as his 40 speed, he did not have to slow down to make his cuts, he had great field vision, and he used his eyes and head to fake people out, similar to a no-look pass in basketball. He knew a defender was coming from the side, he would act like he didn't, and when the defender came in to level him off, he would cut away at the last second. Someone link us to his long run in our 88 NC game, and you will see exactly what I mean.
    1990 ok?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9Aqv8tBLqg

Amazing running + some awesome blocking.

Goosebumps.