Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lafayette coach predicts win in Fargodome against "those people."

Default Lafayette coach predicts win in Fargodome against "those people."

Not sure if this has been posted, but Lafayette head coach Frank Tavani has predicted his team will come to Fargo and beat "those people", referring to the Bison.

http://www.mcall.com/sports/college/...,1539481.story

In the story, Tavani says, "I totally believe we're going to go out there and upset those people and start the season the right way."
    "The strength of the Herd is the Bison, and the strength of the Bison is the Herd."

Default Re: Lafayette coach predicts win in Fargodome against "those people."

Quote Originally Posted by Swany View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted, but Lafayette head coach Frank Tavani has predicted his team will come to Fargo and beat "those people", referring to the Bison.

In the story, Tavani says, "I totally believe we're going to go out there and upset those people and start the season the right way."
    Is he referring to little green men?

Quote Originally Posted by Swany View Post

What did you expect him to say, "I tottaly believe we're going to go out there and lose" come on you're better than that

Coach Tavani's whole quote: "They're trying to stop giggling after looking at last year's film on us," Tavani quipped of NDSU. "That's just as well. We're going out there to win; people give us very little chance, even around our own campus, and that's the way we like it. I totally believe we're going to go out there and upset those people and start the season the right way."

Is that bulletin board material?
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkbuster View Post
    What did you expect him to say, "I tottaly believe we're going to go out there and lose" come on you're better than that
    I think we are making fun at the reference to the Bison as "those people".

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Coach Tavani's whole quote: "They're trying to stop giggling after looking at last year's film on us," Tavani quipped of NDSU. "That's just as well. We're going out there to win; people give us very little chance, even around our own campus, and that's the way we like it. I totally believe we're going to go out there and upset those people and start the season the right way."

It would be a stretch to make that very motivating.

His comments and approach as described by his local news source are exactly what a good coach in his position needs to do. Build confidence and get the kids to take responsibility for game execution.

Most on this board are taking a similar approach with the Bison as victors. We expect a much tougher game than the won lost records would indicate and are showing our confidence in the Bison. I don't see the coaches looking past this game like Kansas did last year or like the Bison apparently did against UNI following the Kansas game.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post

A team should believe they will win the game. A team has to have that mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopard fan View Post
    A team should believe they will win the game. A team has to have that mentality.
    Agreed.

TAB is gay!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.