Thread: NDSU Rugby

Default NDSU Rugby

After reading the article about the NDSU Rugby team and its move to DII I have a couple of questions.

Is it a club team?
    How is the team financed? Travel? Meals etc
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU Rugby

The article you read I presume, says club in first sentence:
    http://www.bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=681

Finance info:
    http://www.bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=559

Other:
    http://www.bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=647

If anyone is interested, the Lost Boys are taking on St. Johns tomorrow at the NDSU pitch (just west of the softball diamonds on 18th Street). I believe kick-off is at noon. This is a big conference match, and should be a hard hitting game.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

The Lost Boys took care of busines against the Johnnies today. I believe the final was NDSU - 30, St. Johns - 5, with all the points coming from unconverted tries as the strong wind really wreaked havoc with the kicking game all day. It was a hard hitting affair, but the game was played in the correct spirit, as I didn't see any punches or dirty, "away from the ball" stuff.

The Lost Boys constant defensive pressure and counter-rucking were too much, and they were able to turn over the ball all day. My highlight of the match: watching one of the Lost Boys props, probably weighing around 260 lbs., return a short kick-off for a long 45 meter run. He almost went all the way, but was stopped by a smallish Johnnie back giving up 100 lbs to the big man, making a nice ankle tackle.

Hi in repy to your earlier post about the LostBoys 97-98, I am a member of the team but have now buckled down to some serious work and hence am not active momentarily. Friends call me Tony and I am a retired player, am still a Bison. I would like to know a bit about the team back then..tell me about them if ya will

sincerely,
    Tony.

"It was only a matter of time until I found this thread. Good for these guys, I hope they make a deep run in the DIII national playoffs and get bumped to DII.

It was around 97-98, we won the MN conference (getting by the UofM and I think SCSU), and qualified for the Midwest Regional where we would have gone up against Ohio State or Purdue, or something like that. We didn't go due to finances or player availability. So it goes for club sports.

The next big Olympic sport will 7's rugby, as they are in the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio De Janeiro. Check out the Las Vegas 7's on NBC this weekend on Saturday from 2:30-5:00 PM and Sunday from 3:30-5:00 PM. These are the teams you will likely see qualify for the 2016 Olympics. You will see some hella good athletes out there running around the pitch. Lots of big hits and fast paced action."

AnthonyPillai, PM sent.