Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Sky Conference

Default Big Sky Conference

Hi All,
    Living out here in Montana I figured since things were slow and every one's dissected a lot about the Bison and the MVFC, I'd give some thoughts and predictions about the BSC.

If you could give a rat's ass about other conferences please, don't read any further.

Montana State: Should finish first in the conference. McGhee will be the big factor playing at QB. He's only a soph. this year and will keep this team in every game. Defense is a question.
    They open up against BCS Utah and if they do well there, they can roll into and easy couple of games against UC Davis (should be easy for MSU at home) and Minot State before having to travel to Eastern Wash. (and that
    *$%#ing red field).

Montana: Will be a tough year and if they make the playoffs it will be by the skin of their teeth. No real big playmakers returning so they'll be looking for someone to step up. Their biggest asset at the moment appears to be DL. SR's Duncan and Waldhauser anchor that line at tackle positions.

Eastern Washington. Ok, I'll preface this by saying that I can't stand EWU and their *%$#ing red field. I hate how the game ended up against the Bison. It was BS and I'll always have a dislike for this time for it.
    But here's going out on a limb: I predict that EWU will not...I repeat NOT make the playoffs. They are a fast team with some great WR's. They have 15 returning starters, but I think they are a one trick pony (with the deep ball) and if they struggle just a little bit on offense their defense will be run over. They have a tough early season schedule. They open up at BCS Washington, then go to South Dakota where they shouldn't have much trouble. but then have to travel to Montana and then Montana State at home. I could see them going 1-3 to start but more likely 2-2 which would be ok too.

Sleepers that could be up there at the end of the year are Weber with a great offensive line or Sac State.

Default Re: Big Sky Conference

Quote Originally Posted by tojo70 View Post
    Hi All,
    Living out here in Montana I figured since things were slow and every one's dissected a lot about the Bison and the MVFC, I'd give some thoughts and predictions about the BSC.

If you could give a rat's ass about other conferences please, don't read any further.

Montana State: Should finish first in the conference. McGhee will be the big factor playing at QB. He's only a soph. this year and will keep this team in every game. Defense is a question.
    They open up against BCS Utah and if they do well there, they can roll into and easy couple of games against UC Davis (should be easy for MSU at home) and Minot State before having to travel to Eastern Wash. (and that
    *$%#ing red field).

Montana: Will be a tough year and if they make the playoffs it will be by the skin of their teeth. No real big playmakers returning so they'll be looking for someone to step up. Their biggest asset at the moment appears to be DL. SR's Duncan and Waldhauser anchor that line at tackle positions.

Eastern Washington. Ok, I'll preface this by saying that I can't stand EWU and their *%$#ing red field. I hate how the game ended up against the Bison. It was BS and I'll always have a dislike for this time for it.
    But here's going out on a limb: I predict that EWU will not...I repeat NOT make the playoffs. They are a fast team with some great WR's. They have 15 returning starters, but I think they are a one trick pony (with the deep ball) and if they struggle just a little bit on offense their defense will be run over. They have a tough early season schedule. They open up at BCS Washington, then go to South Dakota where they shouldn't have much trouble. but then have to travel to Montana and then Montana State at home. I could see them going 1-3 to start but more likely 2-2 which would be ok too.

Sleepers that could be up there at the end of the year are Weber with a great offensive line or Sac State.
    EWU shouldn't be as good since they lost Taiwan Jones but their QB is very clutch.They wouldn't have won the NC without him. I like their chances to at least make the playoffs. They will now be the hunted. I wouldn't look past UC Davis... solid team who can suprise but they tend to struggle more on the road. Good luck.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I am going to head over to Laramie and watch the Cowboy opener against Weber. Having watched a damn tough Weber team manhandle the Griz last year, there could be an upset in the making in Laramie. The Cowboys were horrid last year and I see no reason for that to change this year.

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    I am going to head over to Laramie and watch the Cowboy opener against Weber. Having watched a damn tough Weber team manhandle the Griz last year, there could be an upset in the making in Laramie. The Cowboys were horrid last year and I see no reason for that to change this year.
    That is one game that still torques me off. We should have been Cowboy killers also and had one more FBS feather in our cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    That is one game that still torques me off. We should have been Cowboy killers also and had one more FBS feather in our cap.
    Oh I know.......I have had to live with that loss for a long time. That loss was really the start of the Big Bison slide into mediocrity. Hopefully that chapter is over.

Hi All,
    Living out here in Montana I figured since things were slow and every one's dissected a lot about the Bison and the MVFC, I'd give some thoughts and predictions about the BSC. ...
    Thanks, tojo70!

Hi All,

I think that's a fair prediction for Eastern Washington. They were beatable last year in the playoffs and just happened to have things go their way. I think it's too much to expect things to go their way 2 years in a row.....the conference schedule and playoff format won't be so kind again this year. Good info!

The only games I'll have a chance to watch this year are Big Sky games - I don't foresee myself making the long trip back to Fargo.

It will definitely be a dropoff, especially having to watch games in Holt Arena after 5 years watching in the FargoDome.

I'd be surprised if EWU doesnt win the Big Sky. Jones is a big loss, but they didnt have him in the championship game. Their backup runningback is pretty good. I say 3 teams from the BSC make the playoffs. EWU, MSU and Montana

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    EWU shouldn't be as good since they lost Taiwan Jones but their QB is very clutch.They wouldn't have won the NC without him. I like their chances to at least make the playoffs. They will now be the hunted. I wouldn't look past UC Davis... solid team who can suprise but they tend to struggle more on the road. Good luck.
    Seemed like if we kept pressure on him, didn't allow him to set his feet, he would throw some bad passes/interceptions. If he can stand in the pocket and not be harassed, he is deadly. If I were in the BSC, I would make sure he was always feeling pressure on pass plays.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!