Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miami to Ohio St. "Now this is how you do it"

Default Re: Miami to Ohio St. "Now this is how you do it"

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    One of the people on ESPN (I think it was the PTI show on Sirius radio) made a comment about how this happens at most schools across the country unless you're at North Dakota State or BYU.
    Bob Ryan filling in for Tony Kornheiser. He's got such a weird way of talking(it's the Boston in him) that I couldn't tell if it was a compliment or a veiled insult. And I'm pretty sure the other school was Boise State(he said Boise, Idaho). I got the feeling he chose two schools located in bumf--k nowhere(in his opinion). Maybe I was reading too much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Bob Ryan filling in for Tony Kornheiser. He's got such a weird way of talking(it's the Boston in him) that I couldn't tell if it was a compliment or a veiled insult.
    I took it as an insult as I was assuming he was saying you couldnt get good hookers in Fargo Seriously though, I really couldnt tell whether is was a dig or compliment either

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    And I'm pretty sure the other school was Boise State(he said Boise, Idaho). I got the feeling he chose two schools located in bumf--k nowhere(in his opinion). Maybe I was reading too much into it.
    He said Provo, as in BYU. So compliment or not, i really hate a proud school like NDSU being lumped in with a bunch of cry baby, conference ruining brats like BYU.

I took Bob Ryan's comment as a backhanded compliment. I guess it's good that someone from Boston can remember that NDSU is division I. One of the announcers on a NFL preseason game called App. State a D-II school.
    It's OK to not be OK.

The U of Miami AD from 1999 to 2008 is now the chair of the NCAA Committee on Infractions.

http://www.banditref.com/2011/08/dir...in-charge.html

zooropa is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    The U of Miami AD from 1999 to 2008 is now the chair of the NCAA Committee on Infractions.

http://www.banditref.com/2011/08/dir...in-charge.html
    We've been there before, right? http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/2672029.stm