Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: sec acquires texas a and m

Default sec acquires texas a and m

Just saw it on the ESPN ticker

The SEC now likely will pursue Florida State, Clemson and Missouri, a source told ESPN's Gottlieb, though Missouri athletic director Mike Alden said the school was not in talks with any conferences about a possible move.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Default Re: sec acquires texas a and m

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    Just saw it on the ESPN ticker
    If the SEC wants to go to 16, it'll most likely be Florida State, Clemson and U Miami.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

this is old news

coldspot is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bison to the big 12!!!

But not really

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No invite for Texas A & M from the SEC

Quote Originally Posted by gobisontd View Post
    No invite for Texas A & M from the SEC
    Thought it is supposed to happen tomorrow
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

coldspot is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    Thought it is supposed to happen tomorrow
    SEC said they're good for now at 12.

ESPN story

BlueKeyAlum is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sec is probably out lobbying hard for the 14th team so that A&M can join. You can bet the conference wants more inroads into Texas.

The league was supposedly looking at FSU joining (but Florida no likey this), Georgia Tech joining (but Georgia no likey this), and Clemson joining (but Cocks don't like this). Arkansas was said to be pushing for Mizzou and I heard Texas Tech was also being considered. Lots of speculation which leads me to beleive this isn't a done deal.
    "I’m not familiar precisely with what I said, but I’ll stand by what I said, whatever it was.” --- Mitt Romney

"That which doesn't kill you, hurts." -- me

Texas really screwed the pooch when they signed their own TV deal. Nebraska and Colorado already left and you get the sense that the other would jump in a heartbeat because they are sick of Texas dictating how the Big 12 should be run.

What gets me is that nobody seems to want poor old Texas now that they have their own deal. They may very well end up on the same island as Notre Dame.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Big 10 (11,12) take a run at Texas A&M and Missouri. That would give them a pair of 7 team divisions and make for a pretty solid scheduling arrangement.

It will be interesting to see and how the dominos will fall. I don't see any way that The Bison don't get a Big 12 invite? I kid, I kid.

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    Texas really screwed the pooch when they signed their own TV deal. Nebraska and Colorado already left and you get the sense that the other would jump in a heartbeat because they are sick of Texas dictating how the Big 12 should be run.

What gets me is that nobody seems to want poor old Texas now that they have their own deal. They may very well end up on the same island as Notre Dame.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Big 10 (11,12) take a run at Texas A&M and Missouri. That would give them a pair of 7 team divisions and make for a pretty solid scheduling arrangement.

It will be interesting to see and how the dominos will fall. I don't see any way that The Bison don't get a Big 12 invite? I kid, I kid.

SUPERBUNNY
    There already were rumors that the Big 10 was working on an invite for BOTH UT and TAMU. I'd like that one to come to fruition.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.