Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: sec acquires texas a and m

Default Re: sec acquires texas a and m

I just dont think ND would be interested in the B10. They always want to be the big cheese and not answer to anyone. They also wont like the competition. IMO. The Big least is more appealing to them competition wise..
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

they'll stall as long as they can.

but they'll eventually give in or become even more irrelevant.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNolesFan77 View Post
    Footprint doesn't matter with a situation like this. Is Texas in the Big 10's footprint? Not Exactly. It's all about TV numbers and what kind of ratings the schools will bring in. Would you rather watch a Texas vs. Wisconsin in Camp Randall or a Rutgers vs. Purdue? Notre Dame vs. Nebraska in Lincoln or Syracuse vs. Indiana?

Texas and ND will bring huge ratings with them, which in return makes the Big 10 more money. Same goes for the SEC when they expand more...
    When we are dealing with teams of this magnitude(ie Nebraska, Texas, Notre Dame), it's not so much about their location at all. These teams have such a widespread devoted fan base that just having them gives you access to that many more television sets in all areas of the country. I mean, for example, in Fargo we generally get the UT game, even when it's not the national game because there is presumably a larger fanbase here.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I just dont think ND would be interested in the B10. They always want to be the big cheese and not answer to anyone. They also wont like the competition. IMO. The Big least is more appealing to them competition wise..
    It's a different ballgame than it was in previous years...I have to think they also realize this fact...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    When we are dealing with teams of this magnitude(ie Nebraska, Texas, Notre Dame), it's not so much about their location at all. These teams have such a widespread devoted fan base that just having them gives you access to that many more television sets in all areas of the country. I mean, for example, in Fargo we generally get the UT game, even when it's not the national game because there is presumably a larger fanbase here.

It's a different ballgame than it was in previous years...I have to think they also realize this fact...
    Yep, it is dumb to even bring the footprint argument up in expansion. All they care about are how many TV's are watching there matchup.
    "We will win games with talent, but we will win Championships with Character" - Jimbo Fisher - Florida St. H.C.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Who says the Big East makes it through the conference expansion? I think we already know that the Big 12 will not, the SEC, Big10, and Pac12 will...who is going to be the fourth? The Big East or the ACC? I honestly think it will be the ACC through addition and subtraction...for one I don't see FSU staying in the ACC...but, there is no way that I see some of ACC schools like UNC, Duke, Wake, Virgina, etc. leaving the ACC.
    "We will win games with talent, but we will win Championships with Character" - Jimbo Fisher - Florida St. H.C.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNolesFan77 View Post
    Who says the Big East makes it through the conference expansion? I think we already know that the Big 12 will not, the SEC, Big10, and Pac12 will...who is going to be the fourth? The Big East or the ACC? I honestly think it will be the ACC through addition and subtraction...for one I don't see FSU staying in the ACC...but, there is no way that I see some of ACC schools like UNC, Duke, Wake, Virgina, etc. leaving the ACC.
    I think that the only way the Big East makes it is if they convince Notre Dame to join and that is not very likely.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I think that the only way the Big East makes it is if they convince Notre Dame to join and that is not very likely.
    The end of the Big East may be here as soon as tomorrow with 'Cuse and Pitt all but set to join the ACC. ACC makes a move that makes them the premier basketball conference in the country, but does zero for football. The ACC needs to go out and get Texas if they want to have a shot at keeping FSU...and Clemson.

Iowa state and Baylor iirc call the big east to inquire, should the big xii not make it.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Iowa state and Baylor iirc call the big east to inquire, should the big xii not make it.
    Dumb move by Baylor and Iowa St. if true...Big East and Big 12 are as good as dead. Oklahoma, Oklahoma St. are as close to a done deal to the Pac12 as you can get. I think Texas and Texas Tech are headed that way as well. ACC already got 'Cuse and Pitt, now rumors are it's Rutgers and UConn as their 15 and 16. Big10 will finally get Notre Dame, probably grab Mizzou while they are at it. Kansas, Kansas St., Iowa St. Baylor, Cincy, and so are left out hanging, probably form their own conference with whatever is left. Also, where is TCU in all of this? Note to ACC...go grab TCU.

The thing that gets very interesting now...who does the SEC go after? FSU is a fit in every way for the SEC...Clemson is as well. Virgina Tech I don't think wants anything to do with the SEC, Missouri may but they don't bring the viewers that an FSU would. Kansas would boost their basketball stature, but nothing else. Maryland was floated out there, but Maryland does nothing for the SEC.

Missouri to SEC talk picking up steam today. Missouri BOR voted to go SEC if given the chance rather than recommitting to the Big XII. Also, Missouri's pres has resigned as chairman of the Big XII's board of directors.