Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Caption this: Sioux/NCAA Meeting Edition

Default Re: Caption this: Sioux/NCAA Meeting Edition

Quote Originally Posted by BisonPride72 View Post
    UND male fan Gordon Brown from Saskatoon- "So eh, how do you guys think the Fighting Sioux hockies are going to be this year?"

NCAA man #1- "Ah, ummm....well, I for one don't really watch collegiate hockey. Here at the NCAA we categorize it as a 'niche' sport that not many people follow. And yeah, umm about that nickname..."

UND female fan Wendy Brown- "Haha, what a jokester! This fella says he doesn't watch hockey! Must be an embarassed Gopher fan or something!"

NCAA man #2- "What my colleague is saying here is that he is usually watching college basketball."

Wendy Brown- "Well I guess sometimes thats ok if its not the weekend, when Fighting Sioux hockies is on!"

NCAA man #1- "Actually, on the weekend I watch football, then once bowl season is done, I usually watch UCONN women's hoops on the weekends. And again, that name.....you might want to start calling your team UND..."

Gordon- "HAHAHA Ok! Enough with the jokes! I can't stop laughing you see, eh? So you watch some football? Are you a Roughriders or an Argonauts fan?"

NCAA man #2- "Those are not NCAA programs. Those are Canadian teams. We don't watch much of that. I myself am a big University of Notre Dame fan. If you'd like, you can learn a bit about them at und.com actually."

NCAA man #1- "I am a big Michigan fan. We haven't been good in awhile but maybe this year."

Gordon- "Haven't been good?!?! You made it to the National Championship this year in hockey!! You got lucky and beat the Fighting Sioux!"

NCAA man #1- "Oh, we have a hockey program in Ann Arbor? Well thats nice. Ok, that name, I am going to be blunt. The name is gone. Buy yourself a new jersey."

shortly after this photo was taken Gordon and Wendy pulled out .38 Magnums and decided to take their own lives. A moment on silence please.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

BlueKeyAlum is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Thats the new mascot!
    Actually, that's what a freshly grilled buckeye nut looks like.
    "I’m not familiar precisely with what I said, but I’ll stand by what I said, whatever it was.” --- Mitt Romney

"That which doesn't kill you, hurts." -- me

Quote Originally Posted by BlueKeyAlum View Post
    Actually, that's what a freshly grilled buckeye nut looks like.
    you cant eat those so why would you grill it
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Wow those are the strangest looking Football uniforms we have ever seen.....Hockey whats Hockey?????

buthockey...
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

BlueKeyAlum is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    you cant eat those so why would you grill it
    Well, I think the NCAA is enjoying dining on bucknuts now...as well as Jim Tressel's nuts, Gordon Gee's nuts....:-)
    "I’m not familiar precisely with what I said, but I’ll stand by what I said, whatever it was.” --- Mitt Romney

"That which doesn't kill you, hurts." -- me

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    "Ah, the throwback jerseys."

WTF is that green thing sitting on the bench?
    Roger Thomas makes his appearance...

Quote Originally Posted by BisonPride72 View Post
    So NCAA folk show up in suits and ties and the UND people show up in hockey jerseys and rolled up blue jeans. Nice presentation there guys.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Doesn't this photo show the North Dakota delegation meeting two Sioux fans for a photo-op?

Civil06 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Doesn't this photo show the North Dakota delegation meeting two Sioux fans for a photo-op?
    Yes, it's Robert Kelley and Grant Shaft. I seriously doubt anybody from the NCAA came out to greet two bobos in hockey jerseys.
    "Rugby is a beastly game played by gentlemen; soccer is a gentleman's game played by beasts; football is a beastly game played by beasts."
    - Henry Blaha

I think North Dakota's delegation is thanking the couple for adopting Thunder the Bleacher Creature's* offspring.

* TtBC was UND last costumed mascot. And, yes, they named it Thunder which is strange, not only because they choose to name it after NDSU's mascot, but also because "Meth Monster" was the obvious choice.**
    ** The thing looked like a muppet that had gone through a downward spiral worthy of a two-part E! Hollywood True Story.