Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Article today

Default Re: Interesting Article today

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    I'm wondering where they got this information:

Does this mean I'm famous?

That's the first step to being famous for being famous.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Agreed on all points. I'm just concerned that the words will fall on deaf ears or worse.
    If this was only about Bison football fans vs Fargodome Security, the letter would likely have zero effect. Just another disgruntled Bison fan venting to most readers.

The fact that DJ pointed out working with Security at a Summer Event and alluded to the same attitudes brings a whole new demographic into the picture. That gives me hope that this did not fall on deaf ears.

I'm wondering where they got this information:

Does this mean I'm famous?
    just a little hint. it starts with a B and ends with an E

What I do want to point out to everyone is that that's about half of what I originally wrote and the Forum seems to have picked and chosen what it wanted to include. The original letter was far less critical (and in fact complimentary) of the staff.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

What I do want to point out to everyone is that that's about half of what I originally wrote and the Forum seems to have picked and chosen what it wanted to include. The original letter was far less critical (and in fact complimentary) of the staff.
    Interesting. Would've like to have seen the full article. One thing for sure is that things will change, they always do.

BisonBabe is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Editing at its finest. Perhaps you would be so kind as to post the complete letter for us?

Well-behaved women seldom make history. ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Notorious is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBabe View Post
    Editing at its finest. Perhaps you would be so kind as to post the complete letter for us?
    Or have your publicist do so....

"Bisonville Poster of the Year - 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012"

"Hustler Man of the Year - 2011 & 2012"

"1977 Pinewood Derby Champion - Southwestern North Dakota"

"Chub's Pub & 4-10 Club Hall of Fame - 2012

"Voted Biggest DICK on Bisonville"

Full letter:

As the 2011 college football season grows closer, one big issue stands in the way of allowing Bison fans to truly enjoy a Division I game day atmosphere. That issue is the environment at home football games, with regard to select members of the FargoDome security staff.

By and large, the staffers have plenty of very courteous and respectful members in their ranks, but as with most social groups, a few bad eggs can put a black mark on the rest. All last season, stories surfaced of dome security personnel overstepping their bounds with insults, thraeats, and in some cases outright maliciousness in pursuit of what some thought of as more of an ego trip than an honest concern in the safety and security of dome patrons.

Last season's late-November playoff game versus Robert Morris was an eye-opener. One Bison fan was arrested for standing on a metallic lip that rings the front row of seats, tackled by police and security forces despite following the orders of a dome security guard. Another student was removed from the building and had a report filed by the security forces with the university for doing nothing more than cheering for his team, breaking the proverbial camel's back when he looked at a security guard, smiled, and clapped following a discourse between the two parties, and this after being called a few names by the security staffer that aren't appropriate for a public newspaper.

I myself had the opportunity to work alongside Fargodome security at a summer event, and the impression I received was that select Dome staffers were more interested in touting their authority than were they about providing an enjoyable and safe atmosphere for fans and patrons. There are a number of security staffers that come off as incredibly arrogant, rude, disrespectful, and almost tyrannic in their zealotry to suppress elation in any form at a Fargodome event.

What this does not reflect is the professionalism and courtesy other staffers show to guests at the Fargodome. A frequent image on NDSU promotional material shows Bison Football players hoisting the Dakota Marker with a security staffer in the background raising her hands in celebration. I feel this truly reflects what security staff should aspire to, and I commend this staffer on fostering a positive environment at the FargoDome. Working security is certainly a thankless job and while I can understand that it can be a frustrating occupation (particularly when working with rowdy college students), certain steps of professionalism are still applicable to their role in the NDSU gameday atmosphere.

My challenge to others is stand up for your rights at a sports game or other event and to legitimately pursue any illicit activity the security staff may indulge themselves in. I also challenge the Fargodome administration to seek better training and better accountability for the security guards that have left fans too afraid and too nervous to attend sporting events for fear of being ostracized and physically and verbally harassed by individuals who are on nothing more than a power trip.

NDSU Head Coach Craig Bohl is on record himself as imploring fans to be loud and proud at Bison Football games, and I hope that the actions of a very few security guards don't hamper what is a rising star in the world of college football.

Kyle Roth, NDSU Class of '12
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

I watched Fargo PD haul the guy away that this article referrs to.

BisonBabe is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Full letter:
    While they did some creative editing. I think most of the important parts were left intact. Thank you for taking the time to write this letter hopefully it will do what you intended.

I challenge everyone here on Bisonville to take action like this when you are upset instead of just ranting on here. Remember nothing will change if we do not work to change it ourselves.

Well-behaved women seldom make history. ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich