Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Article today

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Interesting Article today

BisonBabe is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Interesting Article today

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Swag read this to me on our drive in this morning. Kudos to our own for getting off the pot and bringing this into the open. For far to long we have kept the discussion about the security personel to this board. I am glad this is finally being brought to light. Perhaps now something will be done.

Or am is it just wishful thinking.

Well-behaved women seldom make history. ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Lightbulb Re: Interesting Article today

was this article in the Forum? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by perthbison View Post
    was this article in the Forum? Really?
    On the opinion page.

533 In a row

Notorious is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The op piece was well written. If I was in a position to influence the FD Security, I would view it as "constructive criticism" and look for ways to improve security, rather than get upset and defensive, which is the likely response.

"Bisonville Poster of the Year - 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012"

"Hustler Man of the Year - 2011 & 2012"

"1977 Pinewood Derby Champion - Southwestern North Dakota"

"Chub's Pub & 4-10 Club Hall of Fame - 2012

"Voted Biggest DICK on Bisonville"

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    If I was in a position to influence the FD Security, I would view it as "constructive criticism" and look for ways to improve security, rather than get upset and defensive, which is the likely response.
    I hope you're wrong, but I believe you're going to be 100% correct.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Good job DJ! We need these things brought to light. Finally, a real shot across the bow, the pen is more powerful than the sword.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

BisonBabe is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    The op piece was well written. If I was in a position to influence the FD Security, I would view it as "constructive criticism" and look for ways to improve security, rather than get upset and defensive, which is the likely response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    I hope you're wrong, but I believe you're going to be 100% correct.
    I thought that the letter was well written bringing light to obvious issues that need to be addressed. I would think that the NDSU Athletic department should be aware of this issue as there have been issues in the past and also that the FargoDome Management needs to be aware of this as well if they are not.

I think that all in all the letter was respectful but did call out that there is a problem. For years there have been pleas from Coach Bohl that we the fans need to be in the game well if we are into the game cheering on our team then we should not have to fear that we will be hauled out of the game for doing just that.

Hopefully this letter does what is intended and gets all parties on the same page for once.

Well-behaved women seldom make history. ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I'm wondering where they got this information:

Roth is an on-air radio personality and contributing writer to Bison Illustrated.
    Does this mean I'm famous?
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBabe View Post
    I thought that the letter was well written bringing light to obvious issues that need to be addressed. I would think that the NDSU Athletic department should be aware of this issue as there have been issues in the past and also that the FargoDome Management needs to be aware of this as well if they are not.

I think that all in all the letter was respectful but did call out that there is a problem. For years there have been pleas from Coach Bohl that we the fans need to be in the game well if we are into the game cheering on our team then we should not have to fear that we will be hauled out of the game for doing just that.

Hopefully this letter does what is intended and gets all parties on the same page for once.
    Agreed on all points. I'm just concerned that the words will fall on deaf ears or worse.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.