Thread: Keys to 2011 season

BlueKeyAlum is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Keys to 2011 season

Returning a team as seasoned as the Bison are, there's probably one major key to this season:

Coaching substitutions.

Last season the starters put in brutal minutes and it wore the team down as the season went on. The win against SDSU in Fargo was the zenith for this team.

Last year's large frosh class so very little contribution time - on Miki Stephenson returns with game expereince. This year's large frosh needs to be able to make more of an impact.

Post substitutions: Miki Stephenson needs to be able to contribute key minutes in place of Janae. Her ability to come in and make an impact, especially defensively is going to be key to the Bison post game. We can't have Janae resting on the bench and be sporting a team that has no one over 6'0 on the floor. I see Miki's development as being crucial. Hopefully Ali Browning is also able to provide some quality minutes at the PF position.

Backcourt substitutions: I think at least one of the frosh need to be ready to come in for Katie, at point guard. I don't know if Danielle or Hannah are candidates to move over into this position. Not certain if Kahla Becken or Danielle Muri or both will fill this role but one of them needs to be ready and able to play.
    "I’m not familiar precisely with what I said, but I’ll stand by what I said, whatever it was.” --- Mitt Romney

"That which doesn't kill you, hurts." -- me

Default Re: Keys to 2011 season

Quote Originally Posted by BlueKeyAlum View Post
    Last season the starters put in brutal minutes and it wore the team down as the season went on. The win against SDSU in Fargo was the zenith for this team.
    Actually, they won in Brookings at the start of the conference season
    and Lost by 13 in Fargo later on. The win was before the *brutal minutes*
    took its toll. Playing 33-36 minutes every game...... well, it's crazy.

I agree that Miki/or Ali, have to step up.
    We are going to see frosh on the floor this year, no other choice.
    There are no Experienced players on the bench because of
    years of this short bench crap. (I Hate a short bench!)

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Speaking of a short bench, how about the jacks men. It will take a toll, and if there are injuries . . .

I think that both Miki and Ali will be very helpful this season. Miki needed to see some action and get acclimated to college ball while Ali needed to recover from her knee surgery. I hope that this year coach D will push the ball up court more and get away from just a half court offense. With Ali's speed and Katie's passing ability they could really open things up. Miki needs to work on playing in the paint, she really likes the 3 shot but we need her underneath. Should be a better year for the Bison. I think we now have the players, now we need to coaches to step up and be better.

I hope you're correct, but IMO, you are Way Too Optimistic.
    Lots of frosh minutes means lots of frosh mistakes.
    Miki has shown nothing, so far.
    Ali is completely untested.
    The coach has been a very large disappointment, IMO.
    Last edited by Elephants Dream?; 07-22-2011 at 04:51 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

all i can say is "true that"

Is the BSA putting new locks on the doors or something? I'm sure they will use the same keys as they did last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Speaking of a short bench, how about the jacks men. It will take a toll, and if there are injuries . . .
    Yep, and there is NO excuse that either of these teams ever had a short bench. Not sure how they got away with that. Pathetic recruiting. Hope the ladies turn the corner. The staff has alot to prove.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Yep, and there is NO excuse that either of these teams ever had a short bench. Not sure how they got away with that. Pathetic recruiting. Hope the ladies turn the corner. The staff has alot to prove.
    But the Jacks might not be short as reading there board they may have someone coming in shortly. You know this hot bed of recruiting time of late July. Oh thats right its a hot bed of recruiting but most programs are doing it for next year not for this year.

For a second I felt bad for Wolters in wasting his eligibility in a program that didn't develop talent around him but then I remember he just wanted to play right away. Well he did get what he wanted.

Post Re: Keys to 2011 season

Very Nice.. Thanks!!!