Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will the Ducks follow the Buckeyes?

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Will the Ducks follow the Buckeyes?

[QUOTE=344Johnson;508964]
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Hang in there kid. This comment is very "thought provoking". Some of us "old guys" get too caught up in ancient history. Your generation doesn't give a crap if Oregon was a traditional doormat. They only see the recent history and it builds from there. That's how traditions get started.[/QUOTE]

^^^^ This is what I was trying to say. Right now recruits don't care if Oregon used to suck. Fact is that the first game I got on my gamecube was NCAA '03, Joey Harrington from the Oregon Ducks was on it. In the time current recruits have been watching football(roughly my age of kids) Oregon has been at worst I respectable team, at best a pretty dang good team.

So Orygun, I was simply trying to suggest that Oregon very well could be a clean program at least compared to other teams. I also said that they recruit different types of players compared to a lot of power teams. Oregon and Ohio St, Texas, Bama have nothing similar. This gives Oregon almost a special category of recruits without recruiting against a lot of big schools. I do not take offense to any of it. From what I've seen, women can be bitches when it is that time of the month.
    Yeah, I get what you are saying now. That is not my point. My bitchiness was because of what you said first...which is entirely contradictory to what you are now saying. In fact, it wasn't even true but you threw it onto the table like you were an authority or something.

It's just a pet peeve. I'm over it.
    Insert something clever here...

[QUOTE=OrygunBison;509220]
    Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post

Yeah, I get what you are saying now. That is not my point. My bitchiness was because of what you said first...which is entirely contradictory to what you are now saying. In fact, it wasn't even true but you threw it onto the table like you were an authority or something.

It's just a pet peeve. I'm over it.
    Looking at what I said, and how I said it, you are entirely right. I am having trouble putting into words my thoughts regarding the Oregon Ducks past and present. But just for everyone's entertainment I feel like I should say it...

Hey Orygun, stop being your usual douchebag self and putting me down.
    Last edited by 344Johnson; 07-09-2011 at 09:58 PM. Reason: lolz
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

[QUOTE=344Johnson;509341]
    Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post

Hey Orygun, stop being your usual douchebag self and putting me down.
    Thank you for this quote. I'm trying to collect the set. I now have 2. Eventually, I will have one for every BV poster.

Thank you for your continued support. It really means a lot to me. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    Any team that is good outside of a football powerhouse state is cheating. And probably some of the good teams from inside football powerhouse states aswell. BigCheaterSubdivision . They all pay really good kids under the table. It's just like steroids and baseball, everyones doing it.
    Oregon doe's have some advantages going for it. Their facilities thanks to Phil Knight are top of the line. But, you said it, in a state with a very weak natural talent base you have to play the game to compete at the elite level. The elite of college football all play the game...
    "We will win games with talent, but we will win Championships with Character" - Jimbo Fisher - Florida St. H.C.

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    One can wonder about Oregon's rise to prominense without reading the article regardless. Oregon has usually been a team that pops in the top 20 every few years, but everyone knows there is a difference between top 20 and top 5. Quite sizable and yet quite small at the same time.

My thing to support UO is that they recruit a different type of player that other big schools do not always go after. Small lineman, small backs, small qb's, etc. I doubt they have many recruiting battles with Notre Dame, Bama, Texas, etc. I am too lazy to read the article but from an outside view pre-article, Oregon has struck gold in a few players the last 5 years or so and good luck in their future. Cheer cheer for Old Notre Dame!
    They don't really recruit a different athlete...last season they had the Rivals #9/ESPN #14 class with a good number of high end kids. Devon Blackman, a WR, had offers from USC, Nebraska, Bama, and UF to name a few. Another kid they pulled from Iowa who had offers from Nebraska, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Wisconsin, and so on. Tacoi Sumler out of Miami, although he is tiny, very tiny, had offers from Auburn, Clemson, Nebraska, Stanford, Tennesse...a LB out of Texas with offers from Texas, Texas A&M, Auburn, Georgia, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, and so on.

They go after big time players, and do a pretty good job of landing them.
    "We will win games with talent, but we will win Championships with Character" - Jimbo Fisher - Florida St. H.C.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNolesFan77 View Post
    They go after big time players, and do a pretty good job of landing them.
    If they can just get the kids to visit Eugene, the facilities and the environment usually impress. So do the cheerleaders.

If they can just get the kids to visit Eugene, the facilities and the environment usually impress. So do the cheerleaders.
    I personally don't know how you turn down UT...Austin is probably my favorite city. Always something going on and nothing is greater than UT football.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6751931

More on Lyles. Or should I say, "Moron Lyles"? This dude's story keeps changing. I wonder if anything is true??

But, when you are going for the big time kids, that have facilities and an environment as good as Oregon's, and cheerleaders that look just as good, they need a little extra boost, thus the cash.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6751931

More on Lyles. Or should I say, "Moron Lyles"? This dude's story keeps changing. I wonder if anything is true??
    Kind of old news there, Lyles was involved with Patrick Peterson and everyone knows where he ended up.